Meals for refugees ???

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We could have fixed their country with peace keeping/ military intervention.
There is no way we could resettle enough here to make a difference.

But we are gonna waste alot of money trying.

Therein lies the problem with politics. Seems the optics of making a tiny difference but looking like a hero is more desirable than actually making a difference. I really do think that we should be helping these people, but can you imagine how much more efficiently it could be done by setting up safe zones in their own country. We could never take enough refugees to make a meaningful difference, but our moron PM is going to spend a fortune making it seem like we are.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Therein lies the problem with politics. Seems the optics of making a tiny difference but looking like a hero is more desirable than actually making a difference. I really do think that we should be helping these people, but can you imagine how much more efficiently it could be done by setting up safe zones in their own country. We could never take enough refugees to make a meaningful difference, but our moron PM is going to spend a fortune making it seem like we are.
Nailed it

vandug

Reaction score

I completely agree that setting up safe zones in their countries sounds like a great idea. But can you imagine the cost of doing that?? And then having to maintain them??

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does my presence here make you uncomfortable Mikey? Kinda like a black man walking into your Klan meeting eh?

I suspect no, more the annoyance of people (read you) who's aire of moral superiority is actually the same intolerance that motivated you to register on this site and complain, all while not respecting others freedom of opinion.

Last edited:

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Welcome to snowandmud.com.I'm sure you signed up because of all the great information regarding recreational motorsports.
Does my presence here make you uncomfortable Mikey? Kinda like a black man walking into your Klan meeting eh?

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I completely agree that setting up safe zones in their countries sounds like a great idea. But can you imagine the cost of doing that?? And then having to maintain them??
Trust me....we are already paying for our troops and tooling them to do so. Might as well put them to work unless you feel we should post them around the mall to protect us from shoplifters.

vandug

Reaction score
See we're not all that bad.
Stick around and well have you doing all sorts of cool stuff you would have never considered before.

Ever been on a sled?

I have never, nor would I ever, say that "your side" is all bad. That is the real problem with politics today. The right says some great things and some ridiculous things. The left says some great things and some ridiculous things. Neither side is ever 100% right or 100% wrong. And until we all learn to debate respectfully and work together things are only going to get worse and worse, in my humble opinion.

As for the sled, HELL YA I have been on a sled brother!! haha I may be a "bleeding heart" but I am still a good Canadian kid!! lol

Last edited:

vandug

Reaction score
I suspect no, more the annoyance of people (read you) who's aire of moral superiority is actually the same intolerance that motivated you to register on this site and complain, all while not respecting others freedom of opinion.

I really do not get your post at all. All I did was point out that we will not be giving these meal allowances out for months or years which would cost billions as the original poster implied. How does that mean that I am trying to be "morally superior" to anyone?

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have, nor would I ever, say that "your side" is all bad. That is the real problem with politics today. The right says some great things and some ridiculous things. The left says some great things and some ridiculous things. Neither side is ever 100% right or 100% wrong. And until we all learn to debate respectfully and work together things are only going to get worse and worse, in my humble opinion.

As for the sled, HELL YA I have been on a sled brother!! haha I may be a "bleeding heart" but I am still a good Canadian kid!! lol
I agree with all that %100.

And you got to be alright if you like sledding lol

Well its been a slice but I gotta get to bed here so I can be up at 5am tomorrow to go pay some more taxes ;)

Take Care Doug

vandug

Reaction score
I agree with all that %100.

And you got to be alright if you like sledding lol

Well its been a slice but I gotta get to bed here so I can be up at 5am tomorrow to go pay some more taxes ;)

Take Care Doug

Thanks for the conversation brother. Always enjoy a respectful back and forth. Now get to bed so you can get up and pay for all my benefits!!! hahahaha

peace

Rbrduk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No matter how hard you hug them Mike they will never love you back. Where is arf and trashy? Love to here some sarcastic come backs from the kids.

Arff's in Mexico and Trashy is probably being whipped be his woman

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you trust you government too much... that's okay... it take a few years then most learn not to trust them... i am all for helping people out...
2. things

1.Boat people are not refugee's ( okay maybe economic refugee if you count that)
2.true refugee's are the ones in UN camps protected by soldiers of the UN or they would be murdered...

we need to go help them... ISIS and what ever other cult version of Islam that's trying to murder them has weeded them out... the people landing on the boats have paid groups like ISIS to get to Europe... i don't want any of them... send the Christians and Shi'a muslims who get murdered just for living over there...what about our allies you know the Kurds is anyone helping those who have helped us? that's a refugee... and then only take the women and the children... we did the same when England was being bombed... men went to war women and children were sent out to the country side... that's how you can help them and ensure our National Security... afterall you are importing people from the most extremist end of the world... there is no way to screen them... screen all you want... because no one has information on these people

Last edited:

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you are correct to a certain degree and yes a lot of these so called boat refugees need to be sent back with a gun in hand and hunt the enemy and rebuild their nation. On the other hand, I was in Greece in Sept and seen first hand some of the "refugees" who travelled by boat and many of them were women and children. They are the ones we need to help. I just can't imagine my kids/grandchildren taken away for sex slaves/murdered etc by these barbarians. Horrible and unimaginable.

PS you are right not to trust ANY politician. They work on a different master plan than "the people".

you trust you government too much... that's okay... it take a few years then most learn not to trust them... i am all for helping people out...
2. things

1.Boat people are not refugee's ( okay maybe economic refugee if you count that)
2.true refugee's are the ones in UN camps protected by soldiers of the UN or they would be murdered...

we need to go help them... ISIS and what ever other cult version of Islam that's trying to murder them has weeded them out... the people landing on the boats have paid groups like ISIS to get to Europe... i don't want any of them... send the Christians and Shi'a muslims who get murdered just for living over there...what about our allies you know the Kurds is anyone helping those who have helped us? that's a refugee... and then only take the women and the children... we did the same when England was being bombed... men went to war women and children were sent out to the country side... that's how you can help them and ensure our National Security... afterall you are importing people from the most extremist end of the world... there is no way to screen them... screen all you want... because no one has information on these people

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Let's be real here. We are taking a small number of families whose lives have been ripped apart worse than anything any of us can imagine as a gesture of campassion. I am sure a lot of these refugees will return home when (if) things ever settle down in Syria. We are not trying to save every Syrian refugee, that has never been the point of this. However if we do our part, and other countries do their part, then we could collectively make a difference in the lives of hundreds of thousands of innocent children's lives who are currently living in hell. Isn't that worth trying at least?

I am not an expert but I would be willing to bet that the amount of money we are saving by not using our military jets to drop bombs there will more than cover the costs of resettling these refugees, but I acknowledge freely that I could be wrong about that. Not to mention the billions of dollars our country has spent on other military actions in the Middle East.

Just curious how they will go home, I can't see them making the huge dollars needed to buy a handful of plane tickets for themselves and their families to go back home. Another tab we're going to have to pay? I think once they're here, they're here. I don't understand,, if we have this much money to spare, how come we're not taking care of the homeless in our own back yard first.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Top Bottom