MCX 190 running lean

loudelectronics

Reaction score
Just installed a aem afr gauge on my viper mcx190. I found at 2400' 5 psi the afr runs from 13:1 and up to 15-16:1. Odd flash at 17.

Pretty disappointed with this setup as it was supposed to be tune free and just ride with great reliability. I really do not want to burn my motor down right now. What is the best way to get the afr in check? Remap fuel controller? Accessory controller? Lower boost(rather not as it is already a low boost kit). What are others doing with there MCX?

06yamahaapex

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At what RPM is the lean spot at?
Just installed a aem afr gauge on my viper mcx190. I found at 2400' 5 psi the afr runs from 13:1 and up to 15-16:1. Odd flash at 17.

Pretty disappointed with this setup as it was supposed to be tune free and just ride with great reliability. I really do not want to burn my motor down right now. What is the best way to get the afr in check? Remap fuel controller? Accessory controller? Lower boost(rather not as it is already a low boost kit). What are others doing with there MCX?

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
MCX 180......don't worry, just ride it

loudelectronics

Reaction score
It's running really lean over 5500 rpm up to wot.

Not to sure about just riding it like this. Ride at elevation and prairies at 1500 feet up. Seen a few blow up because of lean condition.

loudelectronics

Reaction score
Think I found the problem. The early build viper kits did not request the baro sensor to be hooked up to the pressure side of the intake. So hoping that if I connect the baro sensor to the intake that all should be back on track.

loudelectronics

Reaction score
This was the fix. After the Barometric sensor was hooked into the intake the AFR's have come in line. I would still like it to be a bit richer but 12.5:1 will get me by for right now.

Top Bottom