Mclean creek

AC550

Reaction score
just wondering if anyone has any idea why there has been a bunch of boulders placed around the McLean creek staging area blocking access to some of the back trails out of the staging area it seems like its getting shut down slowly and just wondering if anyone might know what the deal is because i have noticed a lot of fish and wildlife officers out there lately checking insurance and registration aswell

turbo392

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are trying to prevent the idiots with trucks from ruining the area more than it is. ATV trails are not affected other than the large areas wiped out by Spray Lake Sawmill.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The boulders have been there for years. Eventually the truck guys drag them so they can get around them. Or the real enthusiasts go over them in the rock crawlers. Seen that happen. Then SRD puts them back.

Any new boulders were put in place to stop the random camping which has been uncontrolled and numerous people leaving hoards of garbage around, especially down near the rock pit.

The new "officers" have been there in force this year. Apparently they are from the forest district so there was some education on both parts as to what the laws are. Nice fellows though. I have no problem with them keeping the place in check.

AC550

Reaction score
i had a feeling it was to prevent the random camping and the big 4x4 trucks as they are wrecking the area as there are some mud hole i used to be able to go through now i wont even attempt to through them as i have seem being wrecked first hand and as for the officers being good guys they diffidently are at least the ones i have talked to lately

crisscross1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was there today and there are some reclaimed roads and pits and some trails closed also. Looks like more logging is going on and new roads put in and camping in some spots taken away. Fences have been put in also to keep the trucks out.

AC550

Reaction score
just great what trails and pits were closed because i didn't make it out of the staging area when i was there the other day so i didn't get to see what has all been closed down just seeing if i need to start going out to waiparous now

Top Bottom