McGillivray Trails

Dexx29

Reaction score
This summer I'll be taking the quad camping with me to the Crowsnest Pass; staying at Chinook Lake. I know there are a lot of ATV trails in the hills at the McGillvray Staging Area. Does anyone have some experience with them? Any intersting routes to check out? Im pretty green, so im not looking for anything too advanced or complicated.

jimbo850xp

Reaction score
:cool:There are hundreds of miles of trails out there. Most of them are not difficult at all. Get yourself a trail map. We camped there last summer and had a great time! Looking forward to going again this summer.!:rino:

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dexx29 we have rode out there for the last 2 years give us a call when your going we joined the quad squad out there and they can show us around they are a great bunch

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This summer I'll be taking the quad camping with me to the Crowsnest Pass; staying at Chinook Lake. I know there are a lot of ATV trails in the hills at the McGillvray Staging Area. Does anyone have some experience with them? Any intersting routes to check out? Im pretty green, so im not looking for anything too advanced or complicated.

Lots of decent trails, and yes just get a map from one of the local gas stops.

I'm curious as to why there are so many people from north central AB that drive to the CNP? Would it not be closer to travel somewhere directly west of your location? I'm not suggesting that you don't go down south; so nobody get their panties in a knot! But there must be some great area along the forestry north from Cochrane all the way past Hwy#16...?:headscratch3:

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm curious as to why there are so many people from north central AB that drive to the CNP? Would it not be closer to travel somewhere directly west of your location? I'm not suggesting that you don't go down south; so nobody get their panties in a knot! But there must be some great area along the forestry north from Cochrane all the way past Hwy#16...?:headscratch3:

A marked and maintained trail system is a great draw for families.

Dexx29

Reaction score
As a kid my dad always took the family down there to camp because thats where my Grandfather grew up. I love it there, its the memories from childhood, plus the weather is almost always perfect. We used to explore the old mine sites before the friggen teenagers ruined them, but there is still some cool things to come across plus there is lots of open space.

Top Bottom