Nordegg sleddin?

Osullivanj76

Reaction score
Hey guys,

This is my first post so forgive me if this is in the wrong place.

I was just wondering if anyone had any information on the snow conditions in the nordegg area? I'm also looking for a trail map and maybe a staging area? I quad the area frequently in the summer time, but have never been out that way with the sleds. We are staying in a cabin right close to nordegg so anything close to there would be convenient for us. If not, loading the trailer and hittin the highway isn't a problem either.

Thanks in advance!

powder dreams

Reaction score
The options there are limited and very dependent on big spring storms. Onion lake and the sugar bowl are the two areas. Look in the n.w Alberta section. Don't get your hopes up its probably pretty rocky still. It can go from deep to nothing but rock in a day or two

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The options there are limited and very dependent on big spring storms. Onion lake and the sugar bowl are the two areas. Look in the n.w Alberta section. Don't get your hopes up its probably pretty rocky still. It can go from deep to nothing but rock in a day or two
That and usually hummingbird -onion Lake ARE NOT ready to ride till March -April, sping storms dump lots out there

sent while drinking tea's

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fernie, radium, golden

Until west gets snow

sent while drinking tea's

Osullivanj76

Reaction score
Okay. I guess my next question then would be, can we take the side-by-sides up right now? I heard a rumour that you can't have quads on the sled trails this time of year?

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nordegg is spotty, too much snow in "some areas for OHV with tires, chains would help, and tracks on OHV rock.

Other areas are spotty on Snow, rocks, downed trees," in some areas,,," lets call it the 50/50 Nordegg season.

Rocks at bottom of most mountains, OHV. Wind drift snow at top, sleds.

Either toy would work, operator discretion threw out the day.

One has too wing it at best too find terrain of choosing.

Lem

Osullivanj76

Reaction score
Yeah fair enough.

We ended up pulling the quads up and sure as hell, it's snowing like a bastard now.

Oh well, no good adventure started with perfect conditions.

Cheers to all the replies fellas.

Merry Christmas and enjoy your holidays ��

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ha, my plan is just head-out too accept what the area offers.

Even a crappy day OHV'ing is way more fun than working, LOL.

One needs crappy conditions too remind us of blue sky, butterflies and rainbows, pretty hard finding areas like this in China when the air is full of smog.

One of my favs,,, Chatter Creek awaits.

Lem

Last edited:
Top Bottom