mcbride quading

paparattler

Reaction score
just wondering how the quading is in mcbride,
we go sledding at renshaw and the other areas,what about the quading in the summertime,are renshaw,bell and lucille accessible to quads in the summer.
any information would be appreciated.
paparattler

POWDERCHOWDER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Renshaw

The Renshaw Is Off Limits In The Summer In The Alpine, It Is A Protected Area. Lucile Is Ridable In The Summer, As For Bell I Don't Know.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Quad

Once I get planted in Mcbride I will post any and all info for that area. that will include a summer report as well as winter. If there is quading to be done you can be sure I will find it and let you know.

zooman

Reaction score
The Renshaw Is Off Limits In The Summer In The Alpine, It Is A Protected Area. Lucile Is Ridable In The Summer, As For Bell I Don't Know.

Like POWERCHOWDER said all of the alpine is off limits.You can ride the back/logging roads.There's enough roads to keep you busy forever..

GUNSMOKE

Reaction score
Alberta riding

Hey everyone just joined up, this sites looks good. I'm always looking for new places to ride. I ride alot west of rocky mountain house the trails are good a you can go for ever.:D

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
glad to see another new member

I think this will be a great quadding site...... its very addictive, and always seem to be logging on to see whats new out there........;) welcome aboard GUNSMOKE!!!:p

poppajon

Reaction score
We inquired about the same questions when we were sledding last season, we were told that the trails are made up of sharp shale and are very hard on tires. There are lots of logging roads etc. to explore, as with Valemount as well. The alpine areas are off-limits to quads in that area I believe (could be wrong). I think a ride up to the Renshaw or Luciel cabin would be great, I'd love to try it.

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know this is an old topic but we went to Mcbride on quads last year and had a great ride. We unloaded at dore river and rode from there. I think we road about 100kms that day. The next day we rode renshaw to the just before it goes up to the alpine. beautiful scenary in the summer too. We rode trails and logging roads, there wasn`t much for shape rocks that we incountered.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I rode those same areas this summer and thought it was beautifull. What a difference summer makes. Was kind of hoping to make it back for the changing color of the leaves but might not do it now. 4extreme were the leaves changing color

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That sounds awsome. I would love to see that area in the summer.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been riding all the trails and logging roads here all summer and no flats. All alpine areas are OFF LIMITS, do not venture off the trails and roads as the fines are HIGH. Barry

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And by the way, the leaves are turning and it is a fantastic sight at this time of year. Meeting Wed. pm of the Chamber of Commerce to decide a number of things pertaining to sledd'n and summer tourism. Will let all know what happens. Barry

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We went up Lucille on Sat. and there is 3-4 " of snow and more came down today. Have trouble downsizing my photo's but will keep trying.

coyote

Reaction score
hi barry my name is alec i met you on saturday at the gas station,we quaded to km 28 and there was about 2 inches of snow,if you looked up towards the cabin it looked like there was alot more and it was snowing quite hard the better part of the day,the road is in very rough shape.nice to meet you anyways

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes we know about the road and I have a meeting with forestry on Oct. 3 about this. I hope to have a solution to this after that. Will keep you informed. Hope you had a good time quading our mountains. Barry

coyote

Reaction score
thanx barry,some friends and my dad,myself are going back there thanksgiving weekend for a couple days of riding were staying at beaver creek again alec

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some pic's from last year.
Pic 1 Mcbride Peak, 2 Lucille cabin, 3,4,5&6 Holmes River Road.

Attachments

• quad 001.jpg
    quad 001.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 499
  • quad 002.jpg
    quad 002.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 488
  • quad003.jpg
    quad003.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 495
  • quad004.jpg
    quad004.jpg