McBride or Valemount Dec. 5,6,7

rwjk0

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been reading the forums for sometime, checking snow conditions everyday, usually many times a day. I have spent the last 8 years riding Elkford, BC, Now it is time to venture elsewhere. There is 4 of us going from Edmonton Dec. 5,6,7/08. I had rooms booked in McBride and then recently changed them to Valemount, do to the fact that it sounds like there is more snow there. I really want to ride McBride, but would also like snow. From everyone who posts on snowandmud, it seems like the McBride gang has alot of fun and laughs. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I think both areas have a lot of fun. Myself, I'm primarly a McBride rider but Depsnolver has been on my case to spend some more time in Valemount so I may let him take me around a bit this year.

Both are great riding areas.
I have been reading the forums for sometime, checking snow conditions everyday, usually many times a day. I have spent the last 8 years riding Elkford, BC, Now it is time to venture elsewhere. There is 4 of us going from Edmonton Dec. 5,6,7/08. I had rooms booked in McBride and then recently changed them to Valemount, do to the fact that it sounds like there is more snow there. I really want to ride McBride, but would also like snow. From everyone who posts on snowandmud, it seems like the McBride gang has alot more fun and laughs. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

IFSM8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode both and liked both!
You will have fun no matter which one you end up in!
just watch for landmines cause they are no FUN!

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I prefer Mcbride, but this year doesn't look to good anywhere so far.

karbz700

Reaction score
I prefer Mcbride, but this year doesn't look to good anywhere so far.
Rode mcbride last weekend.Had alot of fun. Valemount has more snow though from what I heard. Both are great for there own reasons.

cheebbacheebba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Me and a buddy are heading to ride Valemount or Mcbride that weekend as well. Likley trying Allen Creek Sat based on the snow reports. You are more than welcome to join us.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Me and a buddy are heading to ride Valemount or Mcbride that weekend as well. Likley trying Allen Creek Sat based on the snow reports. You are more than welcome to join us.

You're any idiot, do you think anyone really cares that you have a 2004 electric weed eater, any who is this buddy you speak of ? :rolleyes:

crm1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
me and a couple friends are headed to mcbride will be riding 6th and 7th we were 5 strong lost 2 so now theres only 3 of us myself and one buddy coming from edmonton area and one other traveling from grande cache

crm1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
where ya riding we were thinking renshaw on saturday and lucille sunday we gained one more guy back so theres 4 of us

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Come ride with us. The more the merrier! Plus more help when shoppingcarts NOS blows his sled up! haha

Ha Ha, what about when shoppingcart's NOS blows up his sled and cheebacheeba has to tow me out, did ya think about that, I'll be enjoying the free ride and sucking on the nos for giggles.

rwjk0

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
crm1000, so far we have committed to trying Valemount this time, calling for snow all 3 days, hopefully visibility is alright at least one day. If you get a chance post some pics of this weekend in the December Conditions

The Snowman

Reaction score
So does anyone have anymore input on the better area to go this weekend? we are heading out friday and as of yet are still undecided, I enjoy riding Valemount but have had great rides in Mcbride, so all I want to know is which has the better snow right now with a trail report if possible

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
They both have their good points. It often comes down to the snow conditions. I've ridden in McBride with half the town of Valemont when the snow is low and visa versa.
Longer trail into Renshaw (but worth it if you know where to go).
More steep stuff in Vale...

I primarly ride McBride, just a personal choice....both are good.

crm1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey rwjkO thats cool have fun in valmont we will be takin lots of pics in mcbride and ill post the conditions as soon as i get back

Top Bottom