Mcbride 2023-2024 season

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Went to belle again today. A lot of people were enjoying it today. Trail is great but is starting to get thin. Brian H showed up for the rip. Tough to sled with this g tube and bumps. Many people still hitting renshaw, the trial is rough and they are reporting 3 hrs to go each way.

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went to belle again today. A lot of people were enjoying it today. Trail is great but is starting to get thin. Brian H showed up for the rip. Tough to sled with this g tube and bumps. Many people still hitting renshaw, the trial is rough and they are reporting 3 hrs to go each way.
Yes it was brutal a week ago.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Thankyou for the idea I seen on another thread on how to help sleds from overhearing. The milk crate tie strapped to the back full of snow works excellent.

Attachments

• IMG_2258.jpeg
    IMG_2258.jpeg
    545.3 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_2259.jpeg
    IMG_2259.jpeg
    486.4 KB · Views: 149

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
It was a good trip for all of us even though the conditions were noting to brag about. Good Company, sunny skys, and 2 days out were what i needed. Never had to deal with any mud which was good. I want to thank Lyle (Catmando) for taking me and Brian H for even coming out for one day treck to drive from Edmonton, ride then drive back by himself. Cant thank Lyle enough for putting up with my BS with eating and preparing my meds, slow speeds getting ready, and eating. This all sucks and can be frustrating. It was nice that they would check with me no-stop and make sure I was Ok, and OK to keep going. It was my only trip for the year due to my medical issue I faced and Lyle was compassionate and made it the best trip of the year for me, thanks friend. And again Brian Thankyou for coming and making the trip even better.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
The other things that were nice, were stopping in at the Grizz for supper, not busy at all but I haven't been there for 3 1/2 years, the waitress was recognizable and she remembered my name, food's not the same as I remember back in the day, prices are up as well. She found us some Dairyland Milk crates for our sled that someone dropped off for us. Rod W and his crew came in for supper, then Barry came in to say hello. Stayed at the sandman, that place hasn't changed at all in over 15 years. Went for Breakfast on Saturday morning, Joy was the waitress was the same last times I was there, breakfast was good tried french toast, sausage and large cubed hash browns got that all down with the assistance of maple syrup. The curling bonspiel was it town so most were busy with that howvewr it was quite dead in town. Typically the sandman restaurant would be packed with sledders at 7, you were lucky to get in, there were 3 tables including us of sledders.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was a good trip for all of us even though the conditions were noting to brag about. Good Company, sunny skys, and 2 days out were what i needed. Never had to deal with any mud which was good. I want to thank Lyle (Catmando) for taking me and Brian H for even coming out for one day treck to drive from Edmonton, ride then drive back by himself. Cant thank Lyle enough for putting up with my BS with eating and preparing my meds, slow speeds getting ready, and eating. This all sucks and can be frustrating. It was nice that they would check with me no-stop and make sure I was Ok, and OK to keep going. It was my only trip for the year due to my medical issue I faced and Lyle was compassionate and made it the best trip of the year for me, thanks friend. And again Brian Thankyou for coming and making the trip even better.
good friends are hard to find. You have a couple of great ones in Lyle and Brian.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1711849976044.jpeg

annual family trip to get the kids out during spring break.

Rode Bell a few days. It’s spring time, first km of the trail is getting thin. But they are still grooming and the trail is great! Parking lot is mud but they have been pushing a landing pad of snow to drop the sleds on.

Fresh snow the day we left town, Marmot basin had fresh snow yesterday and the day before.

Good times in the sunshine!

prairieguy

Reaction score
Did anyone ride this weekend? We are headed through and planning to stop in for one last rip just wondering how the trails are holding up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Colton94

Reaction score
Anyone been up renshaw lately? How far do we go up? How far can a guy get with a trailer & turn around? Havent rode this late in the season before

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Anyone been up renshaw lately? How far do we go up? How far can a guy get with a trailer & turn around? Havent rode this late in the season before
Renshaw is closed to all access still due to bridge issues.

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only as far as the gate, where the groomer is parked. That was two weeks ago. Gate is locked. Sleds going around it.
If it was open the first bridge is the supposed damaged one.
I am sure some one has been out there since then.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Only as far as the gate, where the groomer is parked. That was two weeks ago. Gate is locked. Sleds going around it.
If it was open the first bridge is the supposed damaged one.
I am sure some one has been out there since then.
Yes many have been driving up/down the trail with sleds. about a 3 hr treck each way and extremely rough, most will only do once.

Nypex1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard the groomer went up to the cabin, to clean up last week, and groomed the trial up and back...not sure if that is true or not though.

Jorg Jorgenson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard the groomer went up to the cabin, to clean up last week, and groomed the trial up and back...not sure if that is true or not though.
I would definitely like to know the validity of this... heading up that way this weekend to Vale/McBride area. Deciding where to ride.

Looks like fresh snow down to the belle parking lot this AM!

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I spoke with somebody last Wednesday on the hill that mentioned the groomer was going up Thursday to get the clubs stuff from the Cabin.

Not sure it it happened. Av Can weather station is still up there,

Groomer must have jumped the bridge because they definitely wouldn’t go Accross it as it’s closed! 😉

Last edited:
Top Bottom