MBRP can killed my sled.

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like the title says, I put an MBRP race can on and now I can climb half as high as I used to, and my sled some times only pulls 6000rpm and sounds really bad? The other times it will pull 8000rpm fine but still won't climb. It's like I lost 20+ HP.

So I'm thinking, will a power commander or boon docker box fix this?

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
shouldn't need to do anything with just a can change. There must be something you're not telling us. Can't see a can killing a sled.

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope not hiding a thing. Climbed fine with the stock can and ran great, put a can on and it intermittently runs really terrible. All I did was pull the stock can off. Never touched anything else.

stormtrooper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you put the stock can back on and give it a try again ... to double check if its in fact the can...

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No I've got my stock can back on just waiting to try it out. Just wondered if anyone thought it may have needed a fuel controller.

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pulls 6k then pulls 8k later? Sounds like you've got a clutching issue bud. From what I can see in your avatar you have an 09 or 10' M8? If it isn't your clutching, there has been a few cans known to cause a bog on these sleds.

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was sort of thinking the same thing, with it being intermittent like that do you think it's my secondary? It's possibly dropping too soon?

m8welder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Take the can back and go with a d and d

Bummer

Reaction score
Check the can!! I have had 2 jaws cans that screwed up!!! 1 had the packing blow half way out causing all sorts of back pressure and the other did blow the packing out as well but the weld was broken in side where the pipe and can meet!! That dident work well either. Bought a tunnel dump style and it is way better and you can accually hear yourself think!!
really happy with it have run 4 hard days in powder all day long and the sled has never run better. 09 M1000 with boondoocker/single pipe/reeds
Not perfect still have a boog at 5000 when temps are low like 600 to 700 degrees it will load up but sure we will get rid of it with the box:beer:

Newfie1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just bought a new 2011 HCR & the dealer told me that they were having trouble with the MBRP cans. cause a coding issue with loss of power. It resets when you turn off and restart.
I spoke to the cat deaker in Lethbrige & he has sold over 60 MBRP cans and never heard of this issue. Could part of the problem be alt.
Still trying to decide which can to buy I like the MBRP BUT.
Has anyone else heard about this issue with MBRP?

catman1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i run the mbrp can for 2 seasons now and yet to have any issue with it, i also went to a speed werx y pipe this season and it seems to work well. the only problem i had with the can was a couple exhaust leaks but those where my fault.

Turbo-North

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have heard this issue from many others. My dealer said there is an issue with SOME sleds and the MBRP can , possibly other cans too. Put the stock can back in and try it.

thebigm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.eagleriver.ca
I ran an MBRP can for 1000 + kms never had an issue. I did change to a complete SLP setup, but not because I had any issues with the MBRP it ran great.

Cheers,:beer:

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Once the weekend comes I'm going to try my stock muffler. It ran perfect until the moment I put that can on so it has to be it. Guess I'll find out soon

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mbrp made my 08m8 bog bad installed slp fixed problem.Two years later still works great

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I took it for a ride and no improvement. It only pulls 5000-5500 in the deep snow around my house, when I pull out onto the road and pin it she slowly clears out like it was loading up with oil. Also my brothers HCR which is stock is doing the same. But the weirdest thing about this problem with mine is it's only when I'm carving right or sidehilling right.

I also traded my MBRP for an slp, and I like it better. It's not loud, but it feels like it Pulls better.

Last edited:

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also, I want to by-pass my throttle-override switch with it icing up a lot lately. Anyone know if you cut them and leave then open, or if you twist them?
Thanks in advance.

Top Bottom