May Long at Medicine Lake

vinson4ever

Reaction score
Come back from an excellent weekend at Medicine Lake. Weather was great, trails were great, best of all hardly no mosquitos. The whole area was very busy, lots of campers. Really sucked not being able to have a fire, but understandable. The cops were making a presence all wk end, checking insuranace and reg., and inforcing the fire ban, but overall they were just doing their job. I would like to say the majority of people were abiding by the rules of random camping. There didn't seem to be any garbage laying around. My only bitch is the few guys who think it's cool to rip around the camping area with their piped, modified quads. There's hundred's of trails out there, but they insist on making a bunch of noise right beside you. These are the same guys who's bikes look as clean when they left as they were when they arrived. Not much fun if you ask me. Overall, a great wk end, planning on returning to the area soon.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Come back from an excellent weekend at Medicine Lake. Weather was great, trails were great, best of all hardly no mosquitos. The whole area was very busy, lots of campers. Really sucked not being able to have a fire, but understandable. The cops were making a presence all wk end, checking insuranace and reg., and inforcing the fire ban, but overall they were just doing their job. I would like to say the majority of people were abiding by the rules of random camping. There didn't seem to be any garbage laying around. My only bitch is the few guys who think it's cool to rip around the camping area with their piped, modified quads. There's hundred's of trails out there, but they insist on making a bunch of noise right beside you. These are the same guys who's bikes look as clean when they left as they were when they arrived. Not much fun if you ask me. Overall, a great wk end, planning on returning to the area soon.

ya i agree but its like that anywhere

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL...ya we had 3 kids (like 20 to 25) camped across from us who never got a spec of mud on their piped EX400s or the piped Yammy YZ250....rippin around camp at odd hours. I took great pleasure in watching them push the bent up YZ back to camp after the one kid dumped it doing wheelies down the pavement. Was nice and quiet after that...

Last edited:

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We spent too many May Longs at Medicine Lake. Every year, some yahoo on a dirt bike, quad, or stereo would spoil the tranquility of a $47 buzz. We found a spot out by Swan Lake that God himself doesn't know about. Aside from a couple RZR's on the trail, we never encountered another person all weekend...that's my kind of weekend.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We spent too many May Longs at Medicine Lake. Every year, some yahoo on a dirt bike, quad, or stereo would spoil the tranquility of a $47 buzz. We found a spot out by Swan Lake that God himself doesn't know about. Aside from a couple RZR's on the trail, we never encountered another person all weekend...that's my kind of weekend.

we went from 8-2a [ before tay river ] to swan lake and wooooooooooo was that ever fun times.... many good holes dryed up but still muddy fun...

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we went from 8-2a [ before tay river ] to swan lake and wooooooooooo was that ever fun times.... many good holes dryed up but still muddy fun...

you by chance didn't get your pic taken by a chopper?

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Out in the Whitecourt area. Stayed on the acreage of a great couple. Had a wonderful 2 days of riding, 15 machines in all. Best part, no one else was there to ruin the peace and quiet.

Top Bottom