Maxwells Summer Mod Projects.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
alright. this might be sort of confusing as im going to be showing the progress of 4 snowmobiles we are working on over the next month. some of the modifications ill be showing were already done last season and are being reworked or replaced etcetc. one machine is a buildup from the ground up. not to many expenses spared here. lots of powdercoating and motor goodies. One machine is my personal sled that i was just going through and doing a few basic mods. the reason im doing this is because i think it is interesting. i love seeing other peoples projects on here and it gives a chance for everyone to ask questions and create some good discussions. these are some very common sleds and some very common modifications. i wont be posting everything step by step so if you want to know how to do something in perticular just ask. since there are 4 machines i will just refer to them by there year and engine size.

here are the machines.

1. 2004 summit. - Will be starting from the ground up with brand new tunnel and bulkhead and motor.

2. 2001 summit 600 - basic bolt ons. new motor. nitrous injection. 144-151

3. 2002 summit 800 - some bolt ons/powdercoating/ RKT 827 Big Bore.

4. 2001 mxz 800. Sled was picked up completely dead. will be using the motor from the 2002 800 since it will be receiving the big bore.

5. 2009 revxp summit 800. skid/decals/shocks. i do not have as many photos as i would like. only of the completed project when it rolled out

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here is the old 2004 summit chassis. very damaged. so we have a new one coming next week. will be powdercoated completely black.
just stripping some parts we will need to transfer to the new chassis. not much as it comes pretty much complete.

this is the BRAND NEW 800HO that we will be putting into the chassis. this was a factory block. so the cylinder head and stator/recoil need to be transfered from the old motor.

for the 01 600 we are extending it from a 144-151. we cut some drop brackets out on the automated plasma table.

The design was 130mm. so this machine is fairly acurate. and that guage is a peice of junk.

Also needed to cut a bracket to hold the computer,coil, coolant bottle, wiring. for the 01 600 since the oil injection is being deleted. with the holes cut into it. this part is very light.

here are the new drop brackets mounted, along with the billet wheels/slp rail extensions and powdercoated rails(last season i beat em up pretty good)

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we will be deleting the oil injection on the 04 800 and the 01 600.
delete is very simple. just a blockoff plate.

complete. you need to install a tube from where the oil normally feeds into the motor and run it up to the top of the motor with a one way valve or small resevoir for oil to lubricate the crank and water pump.

Onto some motor work for the 01 600. recieved a new bottom end. along with machined cylinders and matched/balanced pistons. the displacement of this motor is around 625cc now.

shinyyyy

since im on the motor work topic ill show the bottom end that came out of the 01 mxz 800. the guy claimed he overheated it....i would say so...suprised he didnt notice...LOL. water pump completely gone. always make sure your sled has coolant and no leaks kids.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was a good day. received some goodies for the sleds.

headlight splitter/billet wheels/offset axel/digatron/ clutch kit for the 2004 800

clutch kits anyone?!?!:beer:

rails/a-arms and springs for the 01 600 and 04 800

PILE of good stuff for the 02 800.

new white plastics for the 04 rev. sled was grey. going with a black and white theme. these plastics are from the 07 rev. also the console we are changing aswell.

Boss seat for the 01 600.

Here is how the skid turned out for the 04 800. white rails with stock components and 8" billets and offset axel. cant wait to get the chassis back from powdercoating and slap this underneath.

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lookin good maxwell are ya stuffin a 16x151 in that zx....hey do you no were a guy could get a manual for 08 xp 800

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lookin good maxwell are ya stuffin a 16x151 in that zx....hey do you no were a guy could get a manual for 08 xp 800

nope im replacing the chassis next season so i didnt want to do to much work to it. do you want a service manual or a owners manual. you can get the service manuals on cd from ebay for like 10$

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
service manual,seen them on ebay....i got a oil leak im assuming from the oil injection hose,it is dripping from the back left corner of the belly pan,fu@#in xp's are a bitch to work on,man do i love my zx

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow alot of downtime there waiting for this tunnel. brand new. should be back from powdercoating next week with gloss black. and kelsey said the 827 should be shipped back for the 02 next week aswell.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
finally got the tunnel and foot rails back from coating for the 2004. decided to try a textured black coating. should hold up better but we will see.

here is the new tunnel

here is the coated tunnel

here is the tunnel with the white powder coated foot grips installed

positioning the tunnel stiffeners. want this one to last.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last pic - drums in the background - you boys rocking the garage band?? :D

Looks good btw!!!

Top Bottom