Maxwell really is Famous!!!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I like the opening line.........Weekend Warriors like Sean Maxwell make the 5 hour trip from Edmonton to Valemont several times a season

Sorry Trish, but why can't reporters in general tell it the way it is? Sean is a real weekend warrior and I am sure that it is something like 20-25 times a season! Sean has hit the big times now!

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like the opening line.........Weekend Warriors like Sean Maxwell make the 5 hour trip from Edmonton to Valemont several times a season

Sorry Trish, but why can't reporters in general tell it the way it is? Sean is a real weekend warrior and I am sure that it is something like 20-25 times a season! Sean has hit the big times now!

Sorry Doug but Maxwell himself gave me that description to define people so dedicated to riding they make treks through sled snow and hours of riding to make the journey to the mountains.........

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am fully aware of the term Weekend Warriors..........it was the "several times a season" that was a miss-nomer!

Friggin' Sean must wear out trucks like I wear out socks!

the article was more geared towards those weekend warriors. some of which may only may it serveral times and others like me that make it MANY times.

as far as the trucks 90,000km on my 2013 :O but i prefer to wear out my buddies trucks when heading to the mountains. they make more money than me LOL

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I so admire everyone who makes the trip from Alberta and Saskatchewan to ride. I only spent a short time in AB and traveled once to ride in Golden.. holy crap it was stressful packing, trying to remember everything, exhausting driving and then there was the whole separation anxiety from missing my kids, husband and wolf. I will never ever again take for granted being able to ride from my home. Never again will I complain when we "travel" to ride 45 min from the house.
You guys are awesome and dedicated. Hats off to you! You rock.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
the article was more geared towards those weekend warriors. some of which may only may it serveral times and others like me that make it MANY times.

as far as the trucks 90,000km on my 2013 :O but i prefer to wear out my buddies trucks when heading to the mountains. they make more money than me LOL

As Momma says, "it is nice to be minutes away." I only have 35,000 on my '13 and being 10 minutes from the staging area contributes a lot to that. Even the 40 minute drive to Fernie is getting a little long. But there is a nice Dark Roast Timmies available once we get to Fernie for the short trip to the staging area. One always has to look at the bright side....:d

finkous

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
all I got out of the story was that he has a house in Valemount... which makes me wonder why I cant just sleep on his floor?? I can honestly say I'm a good guy and I'll even water his plants, perhaps shovel the driveway

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How much does he charge for rent, and what phone # do we call to book? Bring your own sleeping bag?

Top Bottom