Max bar riser height w/o cable ext? 03 RMK 800

Chaser250

Reaction score
Riser height?
Hey I just joined up. From B.C. (best place to be )I am wondering if anyone knows what the maximum height of a riser I can throw on my 03 RMK 800 vertical escape 159" without having to put in cable extensions? Im 6' and being hunched over all day is killing my back, I rarely ever end up sitting so I want to fix this problem asap! any feedback would be appreciated, thanks.

Oldtrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We put 4" Powermadd on our '03 RMK and '04 Switchback, just have to route the cables a little tighter, but no problems unless you go with a pivot as well because that will add another 2".

powderhoundbrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Riser height?
Hey I just joined up. From B.C. (best place to be )I am wondering if anyone knows what the maximum height of a riser I can throw on my 03 RMK 800 vertical escape 159" without having to put in cable extensions? Im 6' and being hunched over all day is killing my back, I rarely ever end up sitting so I want to fix this problem asap! any feedback would be appreciated, thanks.

Careful extending them too far, the steering columns on those things are pretty weak and the extra leverage can be bad. I would say when I had a 01 RMK I broke the bars off 15 - 20 times. I welded new braces, made the steering column solid, and everything else I could think of.

Still managed to break them off every 4th ride.

I would say you could get away with a 4 inch rise without extending the cable. You might have to re-route the cables a little bit but that is no big deal.

benclaluna450r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Careful extending them too far, the steering columns on those things are pretty weak and the extra leverage can be bad. I would say when I had a 01 RMK I broke the bars off 15 - 20 times. I welded new braces, made the steering column solid, and everything else I could think of.

Still managed to break them off every 4th ride.

I would say you could get away with a 4 inch rise without extending the cable. You might have to re-route the cables a little bit but that is no big deal.

Really i have a a 6 inch on my 01 rmk and its been good i had a 9 and a half on there to but that was just to high and im 6 foot 3

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
3 inch is as high as you can go without extensions

edge rmk700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have the same sled and have a 4 inch powermadd ext and a half inch offset plate feels more comfortable with that i am 6 feet as well thats as much as you can go with stock

Top Bottom