March Conditions

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got back from Lucille on Fri and Renshaw Sat. there was about 3ft of powder after the snowfall on Fri. at Renshaw
Was my 1st time to Renshaw had a great time,but man does that trail hurt ...lol

Was it not groomed? Groomer can't be done yet.

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it was groomed Fri night wasn't bad going up but coming down we were the last one on the top.Making that trip down was long and bumpy.I passed the groomed at about 5:45pm at the 1km mark makin his way up.

saskboy

Reaction score
Just got back from Mcbride, we rode the renshaw both saturday and sunday. Saturday we had a good day with about 3 feet of heavy wet fresh and lots of stucks, the visibility was zero with cloudy conditions all day couldn't really tell if you were going up or down till you got stuck.lol. Sunday was an awsome day with sunshine for the better part of it and lots of untracked fresh to play in. What a awsome day!!!!!:) I am not sure if anyone wants to start a thread on the trail conditions I could go on about that for hours WOW. Overall another stellar weekend at Mcbride. Thanks Glengine for the rental gear and the little belt work on my buddy's sled, and Judy for another great stay. Will post pics when I get back home on wednesday or thursday.

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
A bit of fresh snow up top Sunday and Monday nights as well as Tuesday morning. Temp is about -2 with no wind. Working up to a really nice weekend.

Waiting to see Saskboy's pictures from last weekend. They had a great time. Bunch of good guys.

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
Windy this morning and -2. The wind has blown in some clouds and it's currently snowing a bit up top. Today not a really good day for sledding since visibility will not be that good. Should clear up for the weekend. Will keep you updated.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got up and still snowing. Zero visibility and supposed to snow all day tomorrow so Sat. will be the day to ride for me.

saskboy

Reaction score
A few pics of the march 14th weekend. Lots of stucks and a ton a fun!!:d

Attachments

• Brent Jasper 022.jpg
    Brent Jasper 022.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 42
  • 13203720.JPG
    13203720.JPG
    24.9 KB · Views: 689
  • Brent Jasper 015.jpg
    Brent Jasper 015.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 60
  • Brent Jasper 019.jpg
    Brent Jasper 019.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 51
  • DSC02281.JPG
    DSC02281.JPG
    74.1 KB · Views: 49
  • DSC02295.JPG
    DSC02295.JPG
    23.3 KB · Views: 53
  • DSC02285.JPG
    DSC02285.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 38

chelle

Marathon Truck Decks
Reaction score
Thanks for the pix. Heading to Mcbride for the first time tonight, WOOHOO!!!

Can't wait and can't believe I havn't been there yet. Save some pow for us.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had great day in the sunshine and waist deep snow. Some very big av's came down in the last couple of days over the trail in. Took a couple of pic's

Attachments

• dore 007.jpg
    dore 007.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 37
  • dore 005.jpg
    dore 005.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 42
  • dore 004.jpg
    dore 004.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 50
  • dore 003.jpg
    dore 003.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 39
  • dore 009.jpg
    dore 009.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 43
  • dore 008.jpg
    dore 008.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 43

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had great day in the sunshine and waist deep snow. Some very big av's came down in the last couple of days over the trail in. Took a couple of pic's

We saw some huge avys in dore that almost trapped us in dore when they crossed the road, 350 yards across almost a mile of run at 20-40' deep. Biggest slides I have ever seen. Have pics will post soon. Had to drop about 80' down bank into Castle creek and climb back up through trees on avy snow to get out!!!! Castle creek is CLOSED!!! Nobody will climb up where we dropped in.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pic's are from Castle. The av's were down when we got there but more came down on top of the ones that where there already. Dangerous at this time, to bad the reward at the end of the trail will keep pulling us to keep taking chances.
Off to an avy site this am with Rod, is going to be a crappy day. Will post tonight when I get home.
Check the conditions gang and stay safe.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Barry, we where in Dore when the slides came down, none when we went in. Pictures are of the biggest slide at about KM20? Thought we were trapped...about 2 hours to get a trail around the slide. As I stated before this slide was at least 350 yards wide, up to 40' deep, 15' crevaces like a lava flow and the amazing part was the run out. The terrain at the base of the mountain is almost flat and the length of snow at this depth was about 1KM long. The entire mountain must have let go at the top. This slide incompased the previos runout area in all directions and took out every tree in its way. This was wet heavy rained on snow, if some one would have been on the trail I don't think they would have had time to get out of the way. I do not believe a bag would help in this type of a slide, a scary sight.There was another slide at about KM12, Pic #3&4. The third slide was at KM6 on the sharp bend. It was stacked about 40 to 50' high across the road. We had to do about an 80' drop down the bank onto the river ice, go around the slide and make a track up through the trees. Some trees were sacraficed (saws are carried for a reason)to make the trail up but it was getting dark and we wanted out. Your pics look like KM5 which is the first slide area which had not come down when were there on Friday. Barry, I hope you are not have to do what I'm thinking...I would not want that job. :(We were just glad to get out with no injuries.:)

Attachments

• 048.jpg
    048.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 64
  • 057.jpg
    057.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 60
  • 058.jpg
    058.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 53
  • 059.jpg
    059.jpg