March conditions 2015

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
I just read the name of the second man. I knew him well, and dealt with him on a very regular basis. So so so sad. He lost a friend last year the same way. I wish to send my utmost heartfelt condolences to his family, friends and staff. I feel sick to my stomach right now. Rest in Peace Curtis. You will be missed by so many! Condolences out to the family and friends of Tom as well.

:( :( :( :( :(

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Follow up to the two fellas that lost their lives this past weekend.

K boys and gals! We as riders have to do a much better job of where we should and shouldn't be riding and at what time of year! That also applies to better decisions on a day to day basis!
I believe anybody that has been into Dore at anytime through the season has a pretty good idea what they are getting into. Not a safe place at the best of times! To leave yourself, others and your family out of the thought process is total craziness. Decisions, Decisions, Decisions!!

Stay off the higher risk areas, yes it looks like fun and most times it is, but what are the results if things go sideways??!! Putting yourself your friends and your family in a real bad spot! Is it worth it? I don't think so, then ask the wife and kids.. Anybody that says oh he was doing what he loved. What a crook of ****!! I lost my dad when I was 12 and it ain't fun nor does it ever go away.. I wouldn't want that for anyone but way too many have been through it unnecessarily!

DECISIONS FOLKS!! Think about it for all involved!

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
First of all, there is a time and place, and this is CERTAINLY not the time!!! Secondly, Curtis has been in that area a TON of times, and never even SEEN an avalanche. So, save your preaching for a better time, somewhere else!! Douche!

freeride73

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's right there is a time and place!! Being you knew the two fellas this doesn't seem like the right time for you.... but if things are sliding right now i think this is the perfect time to remind others of the danger out there. You can shoot faces all the time but eventually it's going to bite you in the azz!!! Not saying they were doing that I'm just saying. Just because they have been in there a bunch of times doesn't make it a good decision to put your life or anyone else's life in danger. 240 turbo means well, just not what you want to hear, being you were close to them! understood!

Last edited:

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been riding Dore 3-4 time a year for the past 13 years and have yet to see a slide IN Dore. Slides cross the logging roads getting TO Dore and the rock faces of those chute off of the logging road are not climbable.
No one knows where or what happened except for the four involved and SAR.
Leave the poking and speculating alone - when the time comes we will know what happened and where.
Then we can learn to be better riders and not condem.

Very sad we lost two fellow sledders.

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First of all, there is a time and place, and this is CERTAINLY not the time!!! Secondly, Curtis has been in that area a TON of times, and never even SEEN an avalanche. So, save your preaching for a better time, somewhere else!! Douche!

Easy there BIG BOY!! That is exactly why I posted in conditions thread ya ASS!! Maybe now you can pull ur head out of it!!

indyguy

Reaction score
Was wondering if I should bring the 26' enclosed trailer or bring a deck with a small 2-place trailer this upcoming weekend for the Renshaw. Is there still a lot of gravel running or did it snow enough down to the parking lot?

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can get a trailer to the staging at 2km. On the weekend there were a few larger enclosed trailers. With the warm temps and wet snow im sure it won't last in the first staging lot. The trail past the bridge had some bare patches for about a km or 2 but ok after that just a little sloppy. Wet heavy snow came down in the renshaw all weekend but belle was dry and fluffy.

VanceM

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was wondering if I should bring the 26' enclosed trailer or bring a deck with a small 2-place trailer this upcoming weekend for the Renshaw. Is there still a lot of gravel running or did it snow enough down to the parking lot?

Leave the enclosed at home, go with the deck and 2 place. The roads are soft and muddy, what seems not bad in the AM when temps are cool can turn in to a **** show in the evening. Not to mention the parking areas up trail aren't maintained and can get tight with a few vehicles in them. Use common sense and be courteous to others at this time of year when parking.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the road up to the 2km parking is still good to go for a trailer and there is lots of room to turn around as we plowed the parking lot at 2km. I put 112 riders in there on Friday. if everyone parks nice it will be fine.

crazy680

Reaction score
the road up to the 2km parking is still good to go for a trailer and there is lots of room to turn around as we plowed the parking lot at 2km. I put 112 riders in there on Friday. if everyone parks nice it will be fine.

We we're there sunday, there was definitely lots of room in Renshaw parking lot at 2 km.

jonw

Reaction score
Rode renshaw for three days Monday with Rod. Couldn't see a thing on Monday because of heavy snowfall, sunday was the day to be there! Went towards spirit lake and had untouched snow all day with sun! Made the trip a blast. The trail is in very good condition considering this season. There is patchy gravel showing at km 16-18 and the trail is low on snow in the lower km but it could be worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any updates from today boys? Heading up tomorrow. Hotel said its snowing up there.

Top Bottom