Marathon Decks

Tippmannr

Reaction score
Hey guys. I am really looking hard into a deck. I am mainly looking at the Turck Boss decks and the Bulldog decks. Im kinda worried about the Marathon decks due to the fact that they sit on the rails of your bed...and drilling all those holes. Also, the owner of a dealer here says he has to lift his sled up in order to get the ramp under it, and hates the extension. And i haven't heard much about Bulldog, seen them at the sled show here and they're nice people though. Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks.

frez13

Reaction score
Take a look at the CrossTrax deck. Have had one for 3 years now, and the sled extension for 2. Great quality product built in Lacombe. Not a single complaint from me.

truck and 12.jpg

Tippmannr

Reaction score
Sorry, maybe not holes. But my dealer told me that the decks rest on your bed rails, and while that would be great in freeing up bed space, id have to imagine it would be rough on the bed.

2010m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the marathon decks also have posts too if you plan on carrying 2 sleds to take the load instead of the bed sides.

krazy c

Reaction score
Looked at the truck boss deck and did not appeal to me for the price. Those full lotus decks are by far the nicest looking but i have priced out a MARLON deck which is sopposed to be a Knock off of the marthon deck's. $ 3000 for an 8' black deck.

2010m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looked at the truck boss deck and did not appeal to me for the price. Those full lotus decks are by far the nicest looking but i have priced out a MARLON deck which is sopposed to be a Knock off of the marthon deck's. $ 3000 for an 8' black deck.

Who carries their decks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anvil1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another vote for the Cross-trax.
I have had mine and the extension for 3 years or so. Love it. Best deck out there.:cool::beer::beer::beer:

SLEDJED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was a little apprehensive about the deck sitting on the box sides as well. So far so good, no signs of problems. I do like the room under the deck without the traditional legs like most decks. The leg kit that comes with the truck boss is nothing special, but I guess it helps and doesn't take up any usable space. To be honest, I bought my TB second hand and I do like it but I dont think its that much better than the other decks out there to justify the ridiculous price of buying a new one. The fact that the box is semi sealed is nice, the capture channel is nice for moving around tie downs and such, the aluminum deck surface is slippery as hell with snow on it (it just a matter of time till I fall off there), the sides slide in and out nice, the extension is ok but nothing special and a bit of a pain in the ass to extend and retract the sides with it on because you need a 1/2" wrench to loosen off a few bolts so the extension slides. As a matter of fact I keep a 1/4" drive ratchet with 1/2" socket in the door of my truck at all times just incase I need to move something.

Over all I'm happy with the deck, but like I said before, I dont think the features it has over other decks make it worth the price compared to other products out there. There is no way I would ever pay full price for a new one. IMO if you can find a decent used one for a good price thats the only way its worth it. From my experience the only problem with the deck is the cost.

krazy c

Reaction score
Precision Truck accessories in westlock carries the Marlon decks.

steigerman

Reaction score
I think the strongest, most well built deck's are Jet Craft built in Grande Prairie. They do not qualify for the cheapest category but i urge you to find one that is better built. There side extensions are not nessasarily a simple system but they are strong. Their 12' ramps are awesome to say the least and easy to handle especially with one person.

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got the marathon truckboss on my truck and so far quite happy with it (first season). The telescoping ramp is nice to use, user friendly and easy to load on, bit narrow compared to some other ramps tho. Everything sledjed has said is accurate. I also have the 4 leg supports as I dont intend to be bending my box rails. Its nearly perfectly sealed under there and you dont really lose any box space which is really nice. I bought mine mint second hand for a good price but new i couldn't justify the cost either. They look good and work good. But im sure several other companies also make good quality decks that look good as well. Some people just like to go with industry known names (ie the abs vs snopulse vs whoever avy bag battles you read).

muzbomb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys i got the oppertunity to buy a second hand truck boss deck, i have a Marathon lite 8ft deck right now. Not sure if i should jump on the Truck boss deck or not price is 2640 used one season. The deck has sliders on ramp and deck, 10ft extendable ramp, extendable sides, headache rack, 7ft deck, support legs. It is like brand new. So should i sell my 8ft and get the Truck Boss? I think i would like it cause of the room under the deck??

cokecrazed007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a word of caution, one of our operator had the truck boss deck and the deck ended up cracking his box. I don't believe the truck boxes are designed to carry weight on them.

Top Bottom