mapping software - what do you use?

nast70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've used Backroads with my Garmin Oregon very happily since I bought them at the sportman show a couple years ago. The maps are good enough to get around with, but the good stuff is all the info you get in the (Extras) file on your GPS. Campsites, lakes, fishing info, summer and winter recreation areas, more trails that you can explore, basically everthing in the paper version of the mapbook in on my GPS. Granted many of the trails are not exact, however they do updates using peoples actual tracks, so the more peeps that send tracks in, the better it gets in the long run.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've used Backroads with my Garmin Oregon very happily since I bought them at the sportman show a couple years ago. The maps are good enough to get around with, but the good stuff is all the info you get in the (Extras) file on your GPS. Campsites, lakes, fishing info, summer and winter recreation areas, more trails that you can explore, basically everthing in the paper version of the mapbook in on my GPS. Granted many of the trails are not exact, however they do updates using peoples actual tracks, so the more peeps that send tracks in, the better it gets in the long run.

Do you get a discount on updates if you send them a bunch of tracks?? Would be nice to get a bit back after you improve their business. Just asking

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just bought a Garmin Montana 650 and looking for map software. Read about it here Thanks

Glen I just ordered the same GPS. It was on sale at GPS City. Anyway do you like it? What software did you end up getting?

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
So far love it. A bit to much fluff on it. If you just want a plain old GPS this isnt it. Buddy loaded a bunch of software on it for me. Glad I got this one.

Top Bottom