Map for Rocky to Nordegg trail,on railline.

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you print these 3 pages off and line up the roads etc. it should work pretty good for all, any inquiry give me a shout.:beer::cool:
I hope you are able to print these out of the post ...

Attachments

• Map 1.jpg
    Map 1.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 1,126
  • Map 2.jpg
    Map 2.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 1,098
  • Map 3.jpg
    Map 3.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 1,020

grizzley1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thx for the map, gonna try these ride this summer sometime :d:d

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
I have been in contact with hadster and thinking about a month and half or better ,before Maylong anyway,I am sure he will respond to this post as well.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
OOPS what i meant to say is in a month and a half or so we are planning a ride out there Sometime before the May long weekend anyway .We don;t have a date yet

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes as soon as the snow goes down enough to get up some of the steep hils etc. i've been going out in my truck often checking the snow pack depth, it's still very deep in the jackfish lake area. Of course we just got another big dump of snow last week. I'm hoping for sometime in early to mid April, but it's really up to mother nature, often she dissapoints.

Major

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are going to bring your quad this weekend Medler? Jody wants to show us how to climb the sand slide. I already went up there once dont need to again,but if it will shut him up I guess we will have to show him up. Lyle might come with us on may long too. havent decided if the rail ride will be the way to go or not. lets line up a day to go scout it out for some random camping spots.:beer:

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the map! I'm stoked to ride this trail this summer. About how long is the trail? I don't wanna run out of gas...

It is about 100 km or so all the way and will take about 8 hrs one way to do, so you may want to random camp about half way (the Jackfish lake area) and do it in 2 days, half at a time. In some areas it is challanging and you will need some experience to make it through, also some corners etc. are not marked properly so you could lose your way unless you have a good sense of direction & or a gps, etc.The markings you will follow will be signs that say "coalminers trail" or blue paint on trees with black arrows. You may notice there are 2 separate ways to go in a few spots, one will ussually be much wetter the other higher & dryer. Message me if you are planning it and i might be available to show you the way.

grizzley1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we are planning to go in july sometime. looks like a really good time. we will take the 2 days and enjoy it. prop 5-6 guys in our group will go.

T-GUY1978

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey me and a couple buddies are thinking of heading out there and staying at Horburg. I am just wondering where to camp around there. Any ideas? We are also looking to do a little fishing. Is there a way to get down to the North Saskatchewan and can you ride along side it?

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes in the Horburg area there are places to set up camp (random camping only, no services) along the way to the horburg boat launch etc. & on the way down that road there is a fork in it, if you keep right and follow the little trail in. Will be lots of standing water in the road, but it's not too deep and has a good bottom, as long as your'e on the right trail. There are some spots to go to the river (Horburg, straight south of Palmer's cabin,Saunder's boat launch, & just west of Saunder's area right where Taunton creek flows into the Sask. river) are some spots. The trail itself does not follow right along the bank all the way, most spots that it does you are high above the river.

RENEGADEGUY

Reaction score
thanks for the map hadster my name is cody... me and a couple buddies were going to check it out let me know when you are going and we will meet you there:beer:

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks for the map hadster my name is cody... me and a couple buddies were going to check it out let me know when you are going and we will meet you there:beer:

Hey Cody there is a group of us going out for a ride, about the first half or so of the trail on Sat. April 18. It's in another posting on this same area if your'e interested.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
about 100 km or so give or take.about a 7-10 hour ride depending on conditions and breaks along the way

Top Bottom