Man injured at BIS Suing Alleged Organizers

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hope that he looses this case. He is from Vernon BC, Come on don't tell me that he doesn't know the Hazards that avalanches present. I'm a flat lander from Alberta and even I know the hazards of avalanches. He went to this event on his own accord. No one held a gun to his head and said he had to go. The avalanche wasn't even part of the BIS from what I understand, it happened away from the BIS location. Lets hope that some bleeding heart judge doesn't award him with his claims, it would set a bad president.

Now not to sound like a hard nosed azzhat. I do sympathize with the people that had been affected by this incident. To these people I send my condolences but that being said I also say. if you were prepared to take the risk to attend this event be prepared for the consequences when mother nature decides to rag on you.

raven-lunatic

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Surprised it took this long!
We all know who shouldn't be held at fault here!!!!!!!
Like our good club execs. have the time to be wrapped up in a lawsuit!!!!!!
They already bend over backwards for all of us!!!!
Please keep your chins up and heels dug in!!!!!!

Doctor Mud

Reaction score
There is 100 places to find out the snow conditions on all the mountain ranges in North America, no one made him go up on the mountain that day and there are more than enough signs saying the Club is no responsible for accidents or injury. What a loser, he is probably one of these guys that has lived on workers compensation his whole life for injuries he has faked!! Makes me mad when losers like this guy pull stupid acts like this .......

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
There is 100 places to find out the snow conditions on all the mountain ranges in North America, no one made him go up on the mountain that day and there are more than enough signs saying the Club is no responsible for accidents or injury. What a loser, he is probably one of these guys that has lived on workers compensation his whole life for injuries he has faked!! Makes me mad when losers like this guy pull stupid acts like this .......

13 court appearances in the past decade....

but maybe thats just coincidence

Manatee

Reaction score
WOW!
What a joke this is. I can't believe the nerve of some people, and their slimy lawyers who figure that they can get their hands on some money.
I like the part that says "the SRS should have known that people would be in danger" Why can't we, the riders, figure out how the conditions are that day?
I was there when this happened. I wasn't actually on Turbo at the time, but I was in Revy watching guys climb that day. I know exactly what the conditions were like. I was taking a chance going, but decided that by making the correct judgement on what aspects to ride, that I could be safe that day... and I did. But had I not been, or something happened, it would be my own dang fault.
This sort of thing makes my blood boil. This guy isn't a sledder, he's a moron. I sincerely hope his 14th court appearance goes really poorly for him.

Stocky

Reaction score
So not only do the clubs have to go thru this BS for what will turn out to be nothing, but then this classless idiot has the stones to go after the estates, or wives of the deceased?!
Hope everyone involved countersues!! Though even that won't be enough!!:mad:

bushwackin

Reaction score
What a f**king loser. We were there too that day. We knew it was extreme avy conditions from the bullitens and also from seeing dozens and dozens of small slides go off. We didn't goto turbo but watched everything else from a safe distance. I hope this guy spends every last penny he has on this ch!t. Kinda like suing the highway department if you crash your car on an icy road.

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard the BC goverment is defending the club others.

Manatee

Reaction score
I'll be waiting to hear what happens with this one. No judge, in his right mind, would let this go through, would he?

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is some sanity in the world after all! Did the club have to hire a lawyer Kathy? Seen that before. Frivolous lawsuit gets dropped but the defendant is still out a bunch of cash anyway.

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The lawsuit has been dropped.

Well thats good to hear... maybe we will see this person on the hills looking for a better money grab somewhere else.... what a dirtbag but still makes my stomach turn when i read these things

Top Bottom