making a lightweight seat

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what should a guy keep in mind when making a lightweight seat.... hieght, width, lenght, foam, covering materail, frame material... any ideas are welcome

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what should a guy keep in mind when making a lightweight seat.... hieght, width, lenght, foam, covering materail, frame material... any ideas are welcome

All of the above....closed cell foam so it doesn't absorb water.

tom29

Reaction score
make it how you want it to feel?
just dont make it looks stupid cause then all your buddies make fun of you no matter how practical it is :d

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just seeing what the cost for me to make one...or to buy one..

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well here is the seat i made,,,

Attachments

• DSC02700.jpg
    DSC02700.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 117
  • DSC02701.jpg
    DSC02701.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 116
  • DSC02702.jpg
    DSC02702.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 108

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Right on....
I am curious if you figured out how much time it took you to make it and how much your material cost you? Just curious if there is a savings in making one. Its cool to fab your own stuff... Good Job.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Right on....
I am curious if you figured out how much time it took you to make it and how much your material cost you? Just curious if there is a savings in making one. Its cool to fab your own stuff... Good Job.

I know when I did both of mine, they each only cost me about $60 to do. I did all the cutting and foam forming and wife did most of the sewing. They are not as light as a Mountain Mod or Boss, but higher and lighter than stock for sure. If I was to use the real lightweight closed cell foam like Mountain Mod or Boss uses then it would have been about $100-150 more per seat.

There's a cost savings for sure, and once you accept that your time is worth nothing, it makes it that much cheaper! :D LOL It took me about 3-4 hrs per seat btw. The second one was faster than the first since I had already been through the "learning curve". KORE did his s-chassis as well, he might have some input on how long it took him.

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya well it is not worth it if i'm to include my time....

Top Bottom