Make sure your 30 m Behind a vehicle in St.Albert

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You think the traffic lights in Sherwood Park are better? Ummmm NO.

I've lived here my entire life, and the county solves everything with a traffic light.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk.

At least in sherwood park theres no photo radar and theres more than one main road that you can use to get through. And yes I do think the lights in the park are better, not by much but they are haha. Once the henday is complete things will *hopefully* smooth out.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
There is photo camera for red light and speed on corner of ordze and wye road heading west, also Sherwood drive and wye heading east and fir street and Sherwood drive heading south.... There are more

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is photo camera for red light and speed on corner of ordze and wye road heading west, also Sherwood drive and wye heading east and fir street and Sherwood drive heading south.... There are more

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've seen them Ric. I'm talking about cameras on almost every traffic light and multiple photo radar vehicles parked all over, in St. Albert. I think the only place with more cameras is Great Britain lol.

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pay attention while driving and this type of driving rule for dummies wouldn't be required to prevent them from rear ending others.

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's special because the signs encourage people to wait until the actual closure to merge, rather than merging well ahead of the closure. And in theory it is the worst possible way to merge, because:
1. Merging vehicles slow down
2. The only way to minimize traffic delays is to maximize vehicle throughput (speed) through the bottleneck
3. So by merging _at_ the bottleneck you guarantee vehicles in the bottleneck are going way slower than if they had merged 500+ meters earlier and got up to speed
There's no possible way of getting 2 lanes full of traffic down to one without a bottleneck. The reason for the zipper merge is to contain the congestion to that area, instead of backing it up and plugging up intersections further back. The speed issue is going to be an issue no matter what and is fixed rather quickly with photo radar in construction zones that are properly signed. (The ONLY place I support it).

johnnytrail

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maybe they meant to put 30mm ?
sounds more realistic LOL

I frequently drive down a road that feeds st albert . speed limit 60k and i do 70 . about 50% of the time I will have someone right on my ass.
seems St albertans need a reminder ?

dale+shan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
30 metres between vehicles? Thats a stupid idea. Leave that much room and everyone and their dog will fill the void. You may even find yourself going backwards to accomodate the space. As for high taxes, you bet. Is it better than other areas? Nope, the same. Photo radar income is on the books for taxes. Before the red light cameras were installed, we were short on our budget... the reason was they budgeted for $3 million and only brought in $1.5 million. Its not a windfall, just a tax. I avoid driving into town as much as possible and bypass as much as i can. Shop at Costco and the gas station, anything else can be purchased elsewhere.

Top Bottom