mag removal ...help

chevy371

Reaction score
Can anybody help me with soom ideas on how to pull the mag off a 700cc .I have already tryed two different pullers with no luck :(:(

JBDoo

Reaction score
Make your own puller out of very thick plate plate steel. Make sure the three small bolts are good quality too. I had a 780 Doo triple once that didn't want to come apart. I left it under pressure with some weasel pee on it and after a few hours I heard the bang.

hippiekiller

Reaction score
I used a 4-prong plate style puller with a modified center bolt ( modified how, I forget, but I remember I had to fool with it), and yeah, gr8 bolts in the appropriate metric? thread definitely recomended...

darkday

Reaction score
after you torque it tight with the puller, hit the flywheel with some heat from a torch. apply heat evenly and it will pop rite off.

chevy371

Reaction score
Thanks guys ,made a puller ans used some heat and it came right off .Now got to get primary clutch back on???? any words of wisdom ?????

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys ,made a puller ans used some heat and it came right off .Now got to get primary clutch back on???? any words of wisdom ?????
Just be sure to clean taper and crankshaft stub with something that leaves no residue. I always use some fine emery cloth on them to polish them. Don't use anything like never seize or any kind of oil on the mating surfaces. Install clutch and torque bolt to 50 ft. lbs. Retorque after a few minutes of running.

Last edited:
Top Bottom