M8 to Pro 800??

wants snow

Reaction score
M8 to Pro 800 or Doo

Currently riding a 2010 M8 sp. rode a 14 pro 800 155 for weekend in mountains and was surprised. liked how easy sled was to go where u want to go. I am a lighter 140lbs with out gear. I was worried about feeling some lack of power but felt other things were lacking. wondering what you poo guys did to help if anything. Clutching felt very poor in midrange and bottom end. After hard in the throttle for a couple seconds that is when if really felt it would start to pull good. I have my M clutched primary and secondary and runs very well. Not sure what could help this with the pro secondary, not to familiar with it. Also found the stock track to be terrible. My 153 2.25 cat track is way better. Anyone try 2.6 powder claw on the pro. Will it work with driver change? How have the 14 motor been holding up? Any input from you poo guys is appreciated. Good or bad. Looking to snow check pro or doo.

Last edited:

wants snow

Reaction score
Re: M8 to Pro 800 or Doo

Sorry guys this was suppose to be in the pro section. oops. Doo guys feel free to chime in also. Anyone switched and very happy..

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

I didn't switch and I am very happy with my Doo's...........the 163 with T-Motion, the 800 eTec, and the flex track is a great sled. IMHO, no comparison to the Poo.

Staple_STI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Minor clutch work on the pro is amazing. 100/340 primary with some heavier weight and your laughing.
With your weight I'd stay away from the doo.

Read the internal reviews from doo riders. Harder to keep on its side. You'll end up loosening the suspension off to nothing on the doo to ride it. Seen it and it just becomes a boat.

Im 180lbs and guys consider me light.. You'll go anywhere at your weight on a 155 too

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I ride a 06 summit 800 and weigh 140-150 lbs (first season on a mountain sled). I too sometimes dream about a lighter sled....and was contemplating going poo. Did they take care of the engine issues for 2015?

Edit: I did some digging on snowest and it looks like there won't be a new engine till MY 16

Last edited:

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score

Currently riding a 2010 M8 sp. rode a 14 pro 800 155 for weekend in mountains and was surprised. liked how easy sled was to go where u want to go. I am a lighter 140lbs with out gear. I was worried about feeling some lack of power but felt other things were lacking. wondering what you poo guys did to help if anything. Clutching felt very poor in midrange and bottom end. After hard in the throttle for a couple seconds that is when if really felt it would start to pull good. I have my M clutched primary and secondary and runs very well. Not sure what could help this with the pro secondary, not to familiar with it. Also found the stock track to be terrible. My 153 2.25 cat track is way better. Anyone try 2.6 powder claw on the pro. Will it work with driver change? How have the 14 motor been holding up? Any input from you poo guys is appreciated. Good or bad. Looking to snow check pro or doo.

Did you just call me fat?

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Not happy with your Cat....wouldn't you want to try the new ProClimb chassis before switching? The 14 PC's are night & day different in all aspects compared to your old M8chassis.....

wants snow

Reaction score

Opposite. Completely 100% happy with my M8. Looking for new sled and not brand specific in any way. have rode the new chassis 13 and 14. personally I was expecting the new chassis to be totally different and blow me away. It is a good sled also don't get me wrong but I was expecting more out of it. was looking to try something else and was curious what others with the same sled found good or bad switching to new pro or new doo. have not had a lot of seat time on a new doo that sucks. would have liked to try one for a good day but was not able to.

hashbrowns

Reaction score

I had a 11 hcr and it was a great sled, got a decent deal on a pro so i took it and thought it was the best thing to sliced bread. Buddy bought a 13xm and blew my doors off all day. I didnt even stand a chance. im 200+ pounds and found the pro was short lots of power in the deep snow. It was more of trail/no snow kinda of a sled. But with your weight it might work really good. needless to say i am now a proud owner of a xm and will never look back.

honda450

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I have a 12 and 13 pro. I love them but they need some hp. I have stage 3 slp on my 12. And stage 4 slp on my 13. My 13 will kill new xms all day. Not even close really.

Top Bottom