M8 Suspension Thread

Stevo

Reaction score
How are other M8 riders finding the suspension setup?

From the factory mine rode like a grain truck. Very hard. With the front springs in the stock setting the sled was very difficult to pull over on its side and when I did manage to pull it over, it went all the way and dumped me off.

What the hell were these set up for? A 400 pound Sasquatch rider?

I softened the front end by moving the jam nuts down about 3/4 inch on the shocks and the rear by about 1/2 inch. The arm springs (whatever they're actually called) are still set on the softest setting.

I've only taken it for a short flatland ride with the new settings but it's made it a lot easier to lean over. Of course it rolls a lot more when cornering now. I may have made it a bit too soft in the front, but we'll see when I get it out to the mountains how well it actually works.

Anyone else been playing with suspension settings?

mali

Reaction score
I ride an M8 and it smoothed out after the first 200 K. It was rough at the beginning

Another guy wrote a reply on another site saying ..........the last couple of years all the M's felt good on the show room, turned out too soft after 300 miles. Now they are about spot on for 180 -200 lb rider going fast through the bumps when broken in. got over 700 miles on mine and have let quite a variety of riders take a spin, all remarked on how good it worked going down bumpy trails at a good pace. Does feel stiff at first, but the worse the bumps and faster you go, it works. Also new M series work better in powder traction.......one of the objectives in the evolution of snomobile suspension is to make the sled go through the bumps.....thats good, and accelerate better and not squat in the back under acceleration, and go up hills and not lift the skis on every little bump.

With new correct good suspension and good clutching when you hammer it, should not feel like you falling over backwards and your handlebars are coming into your lap and skis dangling, should feel like you are being sucked up an elevator shaft but you can still steer.

Stevo

Reaction score
I've got 400 miles on my M8 now and it still rides like a grain truck. It has not softened at all.

Top Bottom