M8 or Rev XP

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well ladies, I have decided that I am indeed going to buy a new sled. I currently have an '07 Phazer with an MCXpress turbo on it. I am going into my second season with "the beast" and have decided that its just not for me.
You have to be on the throttle all the time, it has a turbo lag, and it is front end heavy, so it dives when you let off even a little bit. And tiiiipppy??? Oh man.

I love the four-stroke reliability and my husband has put a tonne of sweet little touches into this sled to make it work especially for me. I feel terribly guilty, but I just don't think its love!!

So... that leaves me to wonder as to others' opinions: What do you think a 5'10", 125lb female rider would enjoy more- M8 or Rev XP????

HARDCORE

Reaction score
I'm all man ha, but my oppinion would be to get an M8, as the XP's are touchy as in the turning etc.....just my lil own oppinion though ;)

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you want stability definitely the rev xp. Wendy has the 600 etech summit 09 and loves it so far after only 175KM. Big change for her from my 2000 formula deluxe 600!

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well ladies, I have decided that I am indeed going to buy a new sled. I currently have an '07 Phazer with an MCXpress turbo on it. I am going into my second season with "the beast" and have decided that its just not for me.
You have to be on the throttle all the time, it has a turbo lag, and it is front end heavy, so it dives when you let off even a little bit. And tiiiipppy??? Oh man.

I love the four-stroke reliability and my husband has put a tonne of sweet little touches into this sled to make it work especially for me. I feel terribly guilty, but I just don't think its love!!

So... that leaves me to wonder as to others' opinions: What do you think a 5'10", 125lb female rider would enjoy more- M8 or Rev XP????

WHAT!?!? Didn't think I'd hear the "2-stroke" curse words coming out of your mouth.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Please don't tell my hubby!! I haven't quite figured out how to break the news!

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll make you a good deal on a deck, we all know how he feels about 2-stroke smoke in the trailer.

:eek: OMG... I never even got that far in my thinking. I might need more than a new deck; maybe like a new home or something... maybe I could winterize the ToyHauler :eek:

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
get an XP,if your hubby don't like 2 stroke smoke I got room on my trailer for ya...

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would say the M8 because i have not ridden a new XP. Here is the why, the sled is a sled. I dont feel like i am standing onto of the motor, or that i am going to fly over the bars. Sidhill is very easy and you can do it with one hand, for those times you get hit with a facefull of snow. And from the words of a 60+ man that wanted to go for a rip on it " effortless" His only issue was the boss seat was to hard. Told him it was for decoration not to sit on

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
get an XP,if your hubby don't like 2 stroke smoke I got room on my trailer for ya...

Well, arent you sweet PowderSlut? You might regret that offer tho- you don't know how serious my hubby is about his '2-stroke vs 4-stroke' business and the "invasion of the yamahas" he is planning. What I am about to do is tantamout to mutiny!!:eek::eek::eek:

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have girl about the same size as you that rides with us and she started on an XP, she had a hard time with it for the first couple of rides and now she can rock that sled. The M8, i think is a much easier sled to handle but your already used to dealing with a heavy machine so an XP will feel great.

skibeadoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Holly Cow! You ride a turboed sled. Hmmm, I am impressed. What did you get to ride in 09/10. I can only dream of riding a turbo.

bigdog67

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's a thought.Instead of listening to people that have bias opinions,why not find someone with an XP and M8 to try.Then make your own mind up.I have the M8 if you wanna take it for a rip.

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's a thought.Instead of listening to people that have bias opinions,why not find someone with an XP and M8 to try.Then make your own mind up.I have the M8 if you wanna take it for a rip.

x2 - go try them both, they ride completely different than each other. Sledpiggy tried both , and the M8 won her over by a landslide:d:d:d

Good luck, but you should feel much shame in moving away from Yamaha...;)

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holly Cow! You ride a turboed sled. Hmmm, I am impressed. What did you get to ride in 09/10. I can only dream of riding a turbo.

The whole turbo thing sounds impressive, is really not all its cracked up to be. Taking an mere 80hp sled from stock and turning it into 153hp (on the dyno) takes the "impressive" part out of it. I just took a dawg of a sled and turned it into something acceptable, really. That's why I wanna go back and just buy one that has about 150-160hp right out of the box with no messing around, turbo lag, etc., etc.,

The sled I truly loved was my hubby's 40th anniversary Apex. The power was SOOO even and immediately available. (Unfortunately, he traded it for a dual-stage turboed and lightened RX-1 running 307hp).

If I had my way, I would find a really nice APEX and lighten the crap out of it and then ride my way off into the sunset! Reality is, that's expensive as hell to do, so I'm looking at going two-stroke. I am really leaning towards the M8 SnoPro, but I won't know until I try both.

Sorry to disappoint, but... turbo schmurbo!!;)

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

good advice:beer:

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
x2 - go try them both, they ride completely different than each other. Sledpiggy tried both , and the M8 won her over by a landslide:d:d:d

Good luck, but you should feel much shame in moving away from Yamaha...;)

Ohhhh Pistonbroke, you have hit a nerve. :aim_sorry: I feel much, much, much shame. You tell me what I could ride that is lighter, with equal horsepower, that has a set of tuning forks pasted to the front and I would be soooo happy to stay with Yamaha...

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No problem mama, but I'm gonna need to see your credit limit...LOL
:d:d:d

I know it's rediculously exotic and probably not up for discussion, but there some folks who have put turbo apex and turbo nytro stoves into carbon fibre rev chassis and ridden right off into the sunset with the best of both worlds.

I feel ya on the turbo phazer-kinda neat idea but in the mountains, much less expensive, simpler, stock sleds available today put the TPhazers to shame. I've rode a couple and they just don't perform well enough, in my opinion.

I will venture to say that if you enjoyed the Apex, you'll feel more at home on the M8 than you will the XP.

Good luck on your choice!

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No problem mama, but I'm gonna need to see your credit limit...LOL
:d:d:d

I know it's rediculously exotic and probably not up for discussion, but there some folks who have put turbo apex and turbo nytro stoves into carbon fibre rev chassis and ridden right off into the sunset with the best of both worlds.

I feel ya on the turbo phazer-kinda neat idea but in the mountains, much less expensive, simpler, stock sleds available today put the TPhazers to shame. I've rode a couple and they just don't perform well enough, in my opinion.

I will venture to say that if you enjoyed the Apex, you'll feel more at home on the M8 than you will the XP.

Good luck on your choice!

Mmmmm... carbon fibre... yummy... :p:p I lifted one of those carbon-fibre sleds at the Edmonton Sled Show and it made me weak in the knees... maybe in my next life when karma catches up with me and I win the lottery! Thanks for the fantasy tho!

mountainbigbull

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I understand on the on M8 electric start is not a option. That may be something you might want to consider. I know Estart can be popular with the ladies.:d

Top Bottom