M8 or rev-xp

powerteker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hello all just wonderin what everyone thinks, I've been a doo guy all my life and I'm thinking about a new sled this year... so should I go with a new summit or a new m8???? thanks for any info:beer:

Rufus777

Reaction score
hello all just wonderin what everyone thinks, I've been a doo guy all my life and I'm thinking about a new sled this year... so should I go with a new summit or a new m8???? thanks for any info:beer:
If your a Doo guy, why would you even ask? Just get another doo, what could be more simple than that?:d

powerteker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well I like the summit but every time I see a rev-xp on video there seems to be body parts flying off. I haven't rode eather of them I currently have a 07 summit 800r. the cats are weigh more but they seem stronger....anyone out there thats ridden both?????:beer:

powerteker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your a Doo guy, why would you even ask? Just get another doo, what could be more simple than that?:d

had a bent tunnel last year I'm startin to wonder about the durabilty of the new doos 50 pounds lighter

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yah there light. but durable. we beat them up pretty good and so far no damage to the chassis. of coarse nail a rock or something its going to break. but so will all of them.

either way...ever driven a sled with flat steering?? youll hate that pretty quick with the cat. ive driven them all and spent alot of time onthe machines.

i would pick the d8 over the m8.

besides 50lbs means just that much higher or get you into that little tighter spot :):)

powerteker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yah there light. but durable. we beat them up pretty good and so far no damage to the chassis. of coarse nail a rock or something its going to break. but so will all of them.

either way...ever driven a sled with flat steering?? youll hate that pretty quick with the cat. ive driven them all and spent alot of time onthe machines.

i would pick the d8 over the m8.

besides 50lbs means just that much higher or get you into that little tighter spot :):)

what do u mean by flat steering??? also I herd the xrs has a beefed up bulkhead is this true

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not sure where you guys are gettin ur numbers but the xp is nowhere near 50lbs lighter than the m8...for 2010 i think the doo put on some weight and the cat dropped yet more soooo dont quote me but i think theyre pretty close these days.

as for the steering i prefer the cats a hundred times more than the xp theyre kinda akward if u ask me but i am a bit biased, where the cat just turns over with no effort where ever the heck ya want!

powerteker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not sure where you guys are gettin ur numbers but the xp is nowhere near 50lbs lighter than the m8...for 2010 i think the doo put on some weight and the cat dropped yet more soooo dont quote me but i think theyre pretty close these days.

as for the steering i prefer the cats a hundred times more than the xp theyre kinda akward if u ask me but i am a bit biased, where the cat just turns over with no effort where ever the heck ya want!

what i ment is I own a rev and bent it and the rev-xp is 50 pounds lighter than what I allready have

Rufus777

Reaction score
Every year they get lighter and more powerful, my '08 M-8 isn't anywhere near as good as my buddies '09 M-8, and the 2010 is even better yet!! I can't keep up anymore, but I think if you are all about highmarking than you should get the newest latest sled whatever brand you like, but for most of us the sleds are more than capable of providing thrills and spills!!

powerteker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Every year they get lighter and more powerful, my '08 M-8 isn't anywhere near as good as my buddies '09 M-8, and the 2010 is even better yet!! I can't keep up anymore, but I think if you are all about highmarking than you should get the newest latest sled whatever brand you like, but for most of us the sleds are more than capable of providing thrills and spills!![/QUOT

side hill EVERYTHING:d:d:d:d YouTube - LEARN TO RIDE w Rasmussen & Burandt this is what I like

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what i ment is I own a rev and bent it and the rev-xp is 50 pounds lighter than what I allready have

ahhh i get it. regardless go with the m8 theyre a great sled and predict youll be way happier with it than the xp:beer:

hmmc

Reaction score
I own a xp and a M1000 the xp is a great sled. I have rode my friends M8HCR
and it is also a great machine. My thoughts are the HCR is a better overall machine. The xp is harder to ride in any condition other than powder. The power delivery on both machines is very similar but with the hp increase that could put the cat out front. I can out climb my xp with the hcr. I would rate the 2 sleds as follow Hillclimbing HCR, Boondocking tied, General riding HCR, Deep powder tree riding XP. I hope this helps as it is a unbiased opinion and I have over 15yrs mtn riding and 28yrs general riding experiance.
I would more than likely buy based on price. I bought the doo I own with resale in my mind but that is gone right out the window

powerteker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I own a xp and a M1000 the xp is a great sled. I have rode my friends M8HCR
and it is also a great machine. My thoughts are the HCR is a better overall machine. The xp is harder to ride in any condition other than powder. The power delivery on both machines is very similar but with the hp increase that could put the cat out front. I can out climb my xp with the hcr. I would rate the 2 sleds as follow Hillclimbing HCR, Boondocking tied, General riding HCR, Deep powder tree riding XP. I hope this helps as it is a unbiased opinion and I have over 15yrs mtn riding and 28yrs general riding experiance.
I would more than likely buy based on price. I bought the doo I own with resale in my mind but that is gone right out the window

This helps alot thanks, I still dono I like to do a little bit of everything(except trail riding) :eek: maby when the snow flys I try to get on the both of them

MrMorgan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Every year they get lighter and more powerful, my '08 M-8 isn't anywhere near as good as my buddies '09 M-8, and the 2010 is even better yet!! I can't keep up anymore, but I think if you are all about highmarking than you should get the newest latest sled whatever brand you like, but for most of us the sleds are more than capable of providing thrills and spills!![/QUOT

side hill EVERYTHING:d:d:d:d YouTube - LEARN TO RIDE w Rasmussen & Burandt this is what I like

Thanks for that link pwrtkr. When trying to explain what I like to do, it's tough to have non-sledders understand. I do 70% of my time playing on one ski and I don't care if I ever do a "point and shoot" hill again.

As far as M8 or Doo, I got rid of my 08 xp and plan on trying the 2010 M8 this season. The numbers are too crazy not to try. No rider experience on the M8, but doo ticked me off with two driveshaft recalls (cap welded first and ultimately replaced) and a three month delay on the part. I also had a hassle with the cross-border sled issue, despite four new doos bought local in addition to the one american. (They eventually caved and honored everyone's warranty).

I just figured it was time to try something else, as the last five sleds have been doos. I did love the ride on the xp, and it turned average riders into heros, (ask one of my 300+lb buddies).

powerteker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
heres what I would do

just buy both bahahahabahaha, but serious one is always broken this way no worries:beer:

I'd like to have both but I allready have one that I was planning on calling the loner and three sleds is to many(ses my old lady):d:d

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love my 09 XP,I will say its abit of a challenge gettin used to the steering and riding stance,my riding partner has a 08 M8 with slp goodies all over it,it goes good but now when we switch rides I find it hard to ride.The trick to keepin them straight is dont run into stuff or take huge air,if thats what your into youll have to modify,no matter what brand you choose.

Top Bottom