M8 mods (looking for some advice)

Bigbragg

Reaction score
ok, heres what we do-

slp pipe/ypipe kit- v-force reeds, timing key, mbrp can(which u got) programmer, we done 15 plus of these last yr, bullet proof. setup.. call us for details you have acouple choices with timing key, and reads, as the rad valve set up is cheaper..

t

How much for that set up on an 09 m8.
If i drop it off Friday Oct 23 would it be done by monday Oct 26 afternoon ?
Edmonton Sled show weekend

Last edited:

mphfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One thing about these m series cats is that they dont need much aftermarket stuff to have a reliable sled. The one place that can be played with is the clutching.. A torsional kit and some weight changes will make that sled work alot better.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would highly recommend an RKT torsional secondary kit.:cool: Best upgrade I did to my M8. I would take it over my D&D Y-pipe, can, and Firebreather intake; if I could only have one aftermarket part on my sled.:beer:

tHE RKT TEK SECONDARY IS A REAL GOOD CLUTCH FOR THE BACKSHIFTING NOT A GOOD UPSHIFTER AT ALL TALK TO TED AT TERRA ALPS RACING HE COULD SEND YOU IN A BETTER DIRECTION ON A BETTER CLUTCH MOD

redigar09

Reaction score
slp pipe/ypipe kit- v-force reeds, timing key, mbrp can(which u got) programmer, we done 15 plus of these last yr, bullet proof. setup.. call us for details you have acouple choices with timing key, and reads, as the rad valve set up is cheaper..

Did you guys find that the mbrp can worked better than the slp can?

canadian madman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Slp says that you dont need to add a control box if you run there full exhaust set-up, including pipe and all.. It should be fine running it at lower elevations aswell. The only thing that i could see being needed different is possibly changing some cluitching so that you dont over rev at low elev. I've installed lots of these exhaust's and everyone has loved them.

hey mr glen (or anyone that knows),

would the same still hold true for not needing a controller if the silencer was swapped out? i'm very interested in the SLP pipe and y-pipe but i'm currently running a jaws can and i'd like to keep it...(have a D&D y-pipe right now but would switch it out to go with set up)...thanks

smkngstv

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i had rktec clutch and heads ported,noticed a diff.but then last year put on boondocker turbo.....wow incredable but had to use stock head for this season rktek has new domes for turbo so had eric at specilty sleds install them.should help keep things cooler love the m8:d

crm1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It all depends on what pipr you go with. If you use a slp pipe u dont need a boondocker box. But if you run a speedwerx pipe then you do.

i agree i have 2 buddies with the slp pipe set up on their m8 sleds and one has the boondocker controller and the other dosnt they both have pyros and the guy with out the fuel controller from boone docker is running great and optimal temps the guy with the controller is also running great but just shows you with the slp kit you dont need the boondocker controller

sled-fiend

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.raintek.ca

Did you guys find that the mbrp can worked better than the slp can?

I'm curious as well, or any other can for that matter without a fuel CB?:beer:

Top Bottom