M8 mods (looking for some advice)

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking to throw some goodies at my 09 M8 Sno Pro 162, looking for some past experience on products. I currently have an MBRP can and that is it. I am thinking of doing a single pipe (probably SLP or D&D), possibly a Y-pipe and reeds. Anyone have any advice? This is my first Cat after a lifetime of Polaris' so i am not sure what works with Cat's.

Cheers :beer:

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would highly recommend an RKT torsional secondary kit.:cool: Best upgrade I did to my M8. I would take it over my D&D Y-pipe, can, and Firebreather intake; if I could only have one aftermarket part on my sled.:beer:

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good to know, thanks for the info!

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've also been told by alot of different people that V-Force reeds are a waste of money on the Cats.

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i used to mod every sled i had got really good at wrenching but now this 09 hcr i have i put a can on it and thats it i really really dont miss the wrenching if u want more power buy a bigger sled well thats my 2 cents
:d

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking to throw some goodies at my 09 M8 Sno Pro 162, looking for some past experience on products. I currently have an MBRP can and that is it. I am thinking of doing a single pipe (probably SLP or D&D), possibly a Y-pipe and reeds. Anyone have any advice? This is my first Cat after a lifetime of Polaris' so i am not sure what works with Cat's.

Cheers :beer:

ok, heres what we do-

slp pipe/ypipe kit- v-force reeds, timing key, mbrp can(which u got) programmer, we done 15 plus of these last yr, bullet proof. setup.. call us for details you have acouple choices with timing key, and reads, as the rad valve set up is cheaper..

t

bergy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i used to mod every sled i had got really good at wrenching but now this 09 hcr i have i put a can on it and thats it i really really dont miss the wrenching if u want more power buy a bigger sled well thats my 2 cents

I agree...Fill with oil, fuel, pull rope and ride ride ride:d:d:d

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok, heres what we do-

slp pipe/ypipe kit- v-force reeds, timing key, mbrp can(which u got) programmer, we done 15 plus of these last yr, bullet proof. setup.. call us for details you have acouple choices with timing key, and reads, as the rad valve set up is cheaper..

t

that's what I'm running in my 07M 1000. great performance upgrade. I update the secondary to the RKT. Still playing with the. haven't quite got that dialed in.

Last edited:

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I have been wrenching for the past few years as well, this sled is the first one in awhile that I just pull the rope and ride. Just looking for that extra little bit of power (as everyone is).

Thanks for all of the help.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The other thing i would look at doing is putting a slp airbox kit on, it delete's the hose that goes to the airbox. And also a speedwerx intake horn as it is way bigger than stock so you get better flow. If you compare the size of the intake horn on your sled to the one on a 440 sno pro, your stock one is way more restrictive and smaller.

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
more air in + more air out = more fun on the hill.

Do you know if you need a boondocker box (or equal) with a pipe and intake mod? I would assume so.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
more air in + more air out = more fun on the hill.

Do you know if you need a boondocker box (or equal) with a pipe and intake mod? I would assume so.

It all depends on what pipr you go with. If you use a slp pipe u dont need a boondocker box. But if you run a speedwerx pipe then you do.

Bigbragg

Reaction score
It all depends on what pipr you go with. If you use a slp pipe u dont need a boondocker box. But if you run a speedwerx pipe then you do.

When you say you dont need a control box with an SLP pipe, do you mean
Y pipe, pipe, and can; or just the pipe with stock Y pipe and stock can.

I am thinking of doing the same mods as well with my 09 m8.

Also, i sometimes ride at home (1200 ft) and almost always at McBride and Valemount. How will this setup affect my sled at 1200 ft.

Thanks
See you at the sled show !!!!!!

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When you say you dont need a control box with an SLP pipe, do you mean
Y pipe, pipe, and can; or just the pipe with stock Y pipe and stock can.

I am thinking of doing the same mods as well with my 09 m8.

Also, i sometimes ride at home (1200 ft) and almost always at McBride and Valemount. How will this setup affect my sled at 1200 ft.

Thanks
See you at the sled show !!!!!!

Slp says that you dont need to add a control box if you run there full exhaust set-up, including pipe and all.. It should be fine running it at lower elevations aswell. The only thing that i could see being needed different is possibly changing some cluitching so that you dont over rev at low elev. I've installed lots of these exhaust's and everyone has loved them.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Slp says that you dont need to add a control box if you run there full exhaust set-up, including pipe and all.. It should be fine running it at lower elevations aswell. The only thing that i could see being needed different is possibly changing some cluitching so that you dont over rev at low elev. I've installed lots of these exhaust's and everyone has loved them.

So can I run a full SLP exhaust with my D&D Firebreather intake; above 4000'? You know what I mean Glen, basically a pod style intake (Timbersled, BDX,etc) plus SLP pipe kit, with no fuel controller.

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Agreed, Pull and go, nothing worse then wrenching and watching your buddies play. Easier on the pocket book these days as well :) Cheers!

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

So can I run a full SLP exhaust with my D&D Firebreather intake; above 4000'? You know what I mean Glen, basically a pod style intake (Timbersled, BDX,etc) plus SLP pipe kit, with no fuel controller.

Thats what slp says yah.. And i havnt heard of anyone having any issues with it. From the ones that i've done or people that i've talked to.

Top Bottom