M8 issue....maybe

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
k here's the deal, riding on sunday, something didnt feel quite right....belt let go on me. No big deal put new belt on, but then i find a little shinny spring in the bell pan right under the clutch, with new belt on i head back to the truck, power is all there, but something feeling like its rubbing/vibrating. then when i unload i notice my reverse alarm isnt on and when i go into reverse my cherck engine light comes on. i have notice a bit of a vibration before the belt let go but seems to be worse now......idea's

here's a pic of the spring.....and i have checked the reverse solonoid and it seems to be intact.

Attachments

• IMG00209-20110410-1735.jpg
    IMG00209-20110410-1735.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 276

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
k here's the deal, riding on sunday, something didnt feel quite right....belt let go on me. No big deal put new belt on, but then i find a little shinny spring in the bell pan right under the clutch, with new belt on i head back to the truck, power is all there, but something feeling like its rubbing/vibrating. then when i unload i notice my reverse alarm isnt on and when i go into reverse my cherck engine light comes on. i have notice a bit of a vibration before the belt let go but seems to be worse now......idea's

here's a pic of the spring.....and i have checked the reverse solonoid and it seems to be intact.

I think that fell out of my pen.......

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
I couldn't, the spring fell out of my pen. I looked at the exploded view of primary, secondary clutches, can't see anything that looks like that in there
Heres a link to the page with the diagrams.
Arctic Cat Parts / Accessories and Apparel for Arctic Cat Prowlers, Arctic Cat ATV's, and Arctic Cat Snowmobiles.

yea i've looked at a couple diagram's and cant find anything like it, might be from the solonoid, but it looks intact....going to have rusty look at it he'll figure it out

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is your headlight dimmer intact? Looks a lot like the spring that lives under the button. Don't know how it would end up under your hood though. :confused:

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is the switch that the reverse arm hits to activate the reverse beeper intact. It could have come out of that switch and also explain why the beeper doesn't work now.

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that's what it sounds like to me as well. had to clean mine up a couple times from all the belt dust and fibres. just a little button switch which would stick and i could see how that little spring could come from their.

BigPhilly

Reaction score
Is the switch that the reverse arm hits to activate the reverse beeper intact. It could have come out of that switch and also explain why the beeper doesn't work now.

Thats definatly were the spring came from mine came apart as well!!

Top Bottom