M8 is it family friendly?

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went looking at sleds at a dealership in Cranbrook. My husband was looking more than me. I love my Powder Special. It isn't fancy but I can play around and pull the kids when we want to go as a family. the AC guy said I could do the same thing with an M8. I was under the impression that it would be death to an M8s clutching and overall system to be pulling a skimmer full of kids and toboggans. What do you think

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went looking at sleds at a dealership in Cranbrook. My husband was looking more than me. I love my Powder Special. It isn't fancy but I can play around and pull the kids when we want to go as a family. the AC guy said I could do the same thing with an M8. I was under the impression that it would be death to an M8s clutching and overall system to be pulling a skimmer full of kids and toboggans. What do you think

Sleddingmom... I face the same delima. My kids pull each other and all the neighbours around on toboggans with their 120's, have for years. Hard on chains and sprockets. Bought a 600 Mountain Cat for the oldest and now I have to deal with the fact that it is being driven to slow. Clutching, belt life?? Any faster and kids get hurt. Need a Ski-Doo Freestyle. Perfect for the acreage and kids. :)

I would think that an M8 would not be too happy putting around pulling toboggans. It will work but they are not built to put? Same for any performance machine from all manufacturers.

My 2 cents :)

Mtsledder

Reaction score
As ugly as they are, maybe go with a F8. I have a 2007 F6 and it's great for dinking around. My parents use to have a '97 Prowler that they would pull my brother and I behind on our gt's. We also had Cat Cutter for it and never had any problems!

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As ugly as they are, maybe go with a F8. I have a 2007 F6 and it's great for dinking around. My parents use to have a '97 Prowler that they would pull my brother and I behind on our gt's. We also had Cat Cutter for it and never had any problems!

Those Kitty Cat cutters were awesome! It's funny guys we go out with look at me like i'm nuts and say, "you like your sled?". I love it. I'm up in the hills with them but can also dog it with the kids. I may eat a few more belts up towing all the kids, up the hill, but at least I have dual usage. The new sleds are so nice though...... they look so agile.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You want a Yamaha Viking VK540 :)

We tossed around the idea of utility sleds in the beginning. Would make sense if I was only wanting to go out with the kids. I am a bit of a freak away from my kids (which is why I end up upside down.) I'm toying with the idea of going bigger, longer track to play up in the hills and jump things, but I'm not so sure it's reality can't really afford 2 sleds. When the sales guy mentioned that the M8 could be used to transport my kids and gear around I wasn't so sure.

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride an M8 and it is a great sled ...but not for pulling the kids. At least not clutched, geared and tuned the way it is. The thottle is very touching at the low end....it just likes to go...

We use the our 500SLE touring sled for hauling kids, toggans and loads of wood....logs from the bush and it just keeps on going, havent even but a belt on it in a couple of years.....just grease, oil and check all the bolts ....then hand it to the kids...lol

Keep the powder special to haul and buy th M8 for you....it was easy to say...

Top Bottom