M8 Boondocker Turbo Clutching reccommendations

raustincat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering who ever has an M8 turbo that works... (ie pulls 80+mph track speed while climbing) what the clutching specs are and what boost pressure you are running.

Last year I had a pile of problems with boost leaks etc... I got those fixed up just in time for the season to be over. I think I had one or two days on it and I could only pull 40ish mph track speed... nothing to write home about thats for sure.

I am running 75.3 gram weights, straight 44 degree helix. I honestly can't remember spring colors right now... haven't looked at the sled in a few months.

Anyways it seems whoever I ask has a different clutching set up and they all say there set ups are perfect.

Anyways, engine/turbo wise... its sound... makes good temp and fast clean boost (to my knowledge) (pushing 12.5 lbs boost).

So my first idea is to throw a bunch more weight at it, like say 80 gram weights and see what happens. I need to make the sled work harder to make the turbo create the hp's.

Anyways I know there are many other people out there that know way more about these 2 stroke turbo's than I do.

So any clutching tips or set ups that have been tried and true I would love to hear them.

Thanks,
Ryan

Top Bottom