M8 boondocker controller question

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 07 M8 which i bought with speedwerx exaust v-force reeds, slp intake, some mild porting and a boondocks controller seems like it loads up with fuel pretty bad. I put the numbers all back to zero and it runs good, probably to good, seems very crisp and snappy. Question is whats the best or easiest was to tune it, and how will you know if you have to much or not enough fuel at all the different ranges? thanks in advance.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 07 M8 which i bought with speedwerx exaust v-force reeds, slp intake, some mild porting and a boondocks controller seems like it loads up with fuel pretty bad. I put the numbers all back to zero and it runs good, probably to good, seems very crisp and snappy. Question is whats the best or easiest was to tune it, and how will you know if you have to much or not enough fuel at all the different ranges? thanks in advance.

you pretty much should have a set of EGT's and or A/F sensor in you exhaust system. watch your numbers and look at your piston wash. just throwing numbers into you BD is playing Russian roullette

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you can get some starting numbers off of speedwerx.com but plug reading and piston wash first and correlate those to a/f or egt readings dont just hook up and tune to a specific a/f or egt:beer:

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
but with all the different lo, mid, high setting for the different rpm ranges, how do you check plugs and wash for those, or i suppose thats when you need egt's to watch at those different stages?
And what is ideal temp to be running at?

scrapmaster

Reaction score
in theory i guess you could do it without egts but for all the different ranges it would be very time consuming to get set up, also if conditions change enough u may end up needing to adjust, egts would be the easiest by far i think, i know lots of guys using a/f for tuning turbos but tried it on my piped m8 and found i was all over the place.. most ppl say around 1250 is safe but confirm that with plug readings to get a baseline temp, hope this helps

Top Bottom