M8 900bb & pipes or xp 880bb & pipes

dieselboy

Reaction score
hey guys i was wondering what i should do to one of the sleds..

wanna know what some peoples opinions on the two sleds and which one i should mod.

i like the terra alps 900BB and jaws twins for the m8 153

and like the MOTS 880BB and jaws twins for the xp 163

love pullin huge shoots in the trees with 4 feet of powder and love sidehilling ten miles in the trees to get to a bowl.

which one should i MOD??? CANT AFFORD BOTH, and dont want to spend a pile of money and not like it.

does anyone have these mods and how do you like them???

wont be able to reply to this since i work the next 10 days so write what you think, thanks for the comments

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
being a skidoo guy go with the terra alps or big john 860 xp with dynoport single pipe and nitrous.

i only say that because i have not heard any feedback on the 880 and well arctic cat is just blah.

if i was you since your looking at around 4g to do those mods to your m8 why not try and find a used pump gas turbo kit or something like that. i see them all the time for around 4g

Sky

Reaction score
Did you pick which sled and if so which did you go with? I'm looking to bb my m8 and just wondering if that's the sled you went with or not, and if so which kit? If you went with the xp which which kit did you go with? I talked with some my buddies that ran the 860 kit and they didn't have many nice things to say about that kit. I'm not much of a brp guy so it was second hand info but these guys are die hard xp boys so that being said just wondering how you made out.

dieselboy

Reaction score
hey there, went to a boondocker pump gas turbo with the ADA actually. the power is awesome but the freaking thing was a nightmare to tune. got it to run half decent and it was fun, would climb anything you pointed it at but insurance went up to 3500 a year because of the turbo (you need to do that)and ran 50% race fuel which isnt cheap either so i sold it.

if you want more power out of your m8 go with the rk tech drop in kit ( had that too) its 15hp and only $500, it made a big difference and you can run premium and theres no farting around to get it working good and keep it working.

** wish i would have left mine stock with the can and the drop in kit **

unless you have cash coming out of your ears and can afford to spend gobs of money on fuel and insurance then go nuts!!

Top Bottom