m7 clutching problem

nutma6

Reaction score
i have an 06 m7 and last year and on the last ride while loading up my belt fell off to the inside of the clutch. i also found a bolt in the bottom of the belly pan from the chassis.

anyone know why this would happen?
should i get my clutches done? is there a good place in Calgary i can bring them?

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK?? First off you have a primary clutch (this is the one bolted to your motor crank shaft) and your secondary is attached to your diamond drive?? Where is bolt from(you have a few bolts in your chassis what does it look like) ??? Check your springs/rollers/ look for any cracks can you put up pics?

Last edited:

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have an 06 m7 and last year and on the last ride while loading up my belt fell off to the inside of the clutch. i also found a bolt in the bottom of the belly pan from the chassis.

anyone know why this would happen?
should i get my clutches done? is there a good place in Calgary i can bring them?

On the backside of the secondary there are 6 small bolts that are famous for breaking and causing the symptoms you're talking about. I've seen it first hand on a guy's 05' M7. Solution: Upgraded secondary, the stocker is a good paperweight/anchor

nutma6

Reaction score
the bolt is from part of the frame that holds the steering post up.
i didnt have enough time to thoroughly check for any cracks but what ive seen it all looks good.
and the six bolts in the back are all there

whats a good clutch kit/secondary for these sleds?

nutma6

Reaction score
just thought i might be able to get some help.

Last edited:
Top Bottom