M1200 build !

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I picked up a m1000 chassis last week for a pretty sweet deal. Almost a roller. Came with a full cr racing tunnel, team secondary, racers edge a arms, ecu and wiring harness for an 07 (I think). Has an attitude box, nitrous lines, bunch of extra stuff.

Heres what it looks like right now... Gotta lot of work ahead of me!

So here's my plan. I have a 1200 top end in bc I have to bring back to Alberta when I head to Revy on the 14th. Gonna do an oil delete, headlight delete, bdx lightweight diamond drive, track shaft, brake rotor, recoil, chromoly steering post, lightweight a arms and skis, air box and full ceramic exhaust. I'm hoping to shave off as much weight as possible. Anyone else know for any extra weight that can be shed off these sleds? Gonna search for a 2010 cat seat, Powdercoat everything so snow doesn't stick to everything as bad, and maybe a lighter skid. This is all depending on what's available. I'm only doing this as a backup sled to my proclimb turbo so it's on a budget.

I'm gonna be looking for lots of parts so if anyone has anything let me know!

Bdx diamond drive
blackm series hood
chromoly steering post
m1000 long block
stm 1200cc power valves
2010 seat
spindles
skis
lightweighy skid
side panels
gauge cage
nose cone
airbox
08-09 ecu and wiring
3" track

some of the main parts anyways

Anybody have any recommendations for powdercoating? What color scheme? Where to get it done?
Has anyone used a ftx p85 conversion on the 1000's? I hear they're lighter as well as more efficient?

This is gonna be a cool project. I've always wanted to do a ground up build. Hopefully I can shed enough weight to get this thing down to poo poo territory. With all that added torque of the 1200 it should be a fun tree basher!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 289

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I picked up a m1000 chassis last week for a pretty sweet deal. Almost a roller. Came with a full cr racing tunnel, team secondary, racers edge a arms, ecu and wiring harness for an 07 (I think). Has an attitude box, nitrous lines, bunch of extra stuff.

Heres what it looks like right now... Gotta lot of work ahead of me!

So here's my plan. I have a 1200 top end in bc I have to bring back to Alberta when I head to Revy on the 14th. Gonna do an oil delete, headlight delete, bdx lightweight diamond drive, track shaft, brake rotor, recoil, chromoly steering post, lightweight a arms and skis, air box and full ceramic exhaust. I'm hoping to shave off as much weight as possible. Anyone else know for any extra weight that can be shed off these sleds? Gonna search for a 2010 cat seat, Powdercoat everything so snow doesn't stick to everything as bad, and maybe a lighter skid. This is all depending on what's available. I'm only doing this as a backup sled to my proclimb turbo so it's on a budget.

I'm gonna be looking for lots of parts so if anyone has anything let me know!

Bdx diamond drive
blackm series hood
chromoly steering post
m1000 long block
stm 1200cc power valves
2010 seat
spindles
skis
lightweighy skid
side panels
gauge cage
nose cone
airbox
08-09 ecu and wiring
3" track

some of the main parts anyways

Anybody have any recommendations for powdercoating? What color scheme? Where to get it done?
Has anyone used a ftx p85 conversion on the 1000's? I hear they're lighter as well as more efficient?

This is gonna be a cool project. I've always wanted to do a ground up build. Hopefully I can shed enough weight to get this thing down to poo poo territory. With all that added torque of the 1200 it should be a fun tree basher!![/]

cool build

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I may have a set of cpc side panels, 2011 grn wht black seat, stock air box with slp air horn, the bottom end has 1000km or so on it with squeaked pistons,09 ecu and wiring, bdx dd and trackshaft with m8 gearing already and possibly a nose cone if the buyer hasn't picked it up by the 7th we can work out a deal on it

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if u don't mind spending a little cash for some serious weight savings Skinz sells a seat for that chassis that is super light and looks pretty cool as well. Not sure how much it costs but they had one at their booth at the sled show and it felt like it was less than 5 lbs. this is just a guess on the weight but it was really light.

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Didn't think Team made a secondary for a diamond drive sled

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Plans changed. Buying a new pro. Chassis for sale. Make me an offer. It's also listed in classified section

Top Bottom