M1000's

M1K

Reaction score
Hey there m1k. You are correct on the turbo.. I built one for a guy this year and then we dyno'd it.. It made like 280hp and 200FTlbs of toeque!!!!!!! But there are a few things with that. To get it to work at it's optimum you need to do a few things extra other than just a turbo kit.. You need to run race fuel also.. Which vp is a pretty good price at the shop i work at.. Specialty sleds...

Ya I was seriously considering doing a turbo but I blew up another diamond drive. This would be my 2nd one in 1080 miles! DD won't hold up to 160 hp nevermind 280 hp!!!:mad::realmad:

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey i have an 08 and I love mine so far. Can't wait till Golden next weekend. I have no complaints and it hauls hard.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I was seriously considering doing a turbo but I blew up another diamond drive. This would be my 2nd one in 1080 miles! DD won't hold up to 160 hp nevermind 280 hp!!!:mad::realmad:

The turbo'd one just blew a dd. He got another one now and he is going to get it kryo'd to hopefully make it stronger.

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
well one of our buddies has put 200 miles on his and only problem hes had is that he dumped it in a creek
lmao,,,haha and his headlites brunt from it

mphfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have 265 miles on my 08 1000 162", ALL hard mountain miles. The belt looks new still and hav`nt had An issue yet. The sled climbs like a dream, i had to suck up the limiter a bit for the real steep hills. It may not have the xp snap at bottom end but its sure makes up for it, this 1000 power seems very similar to diesel power, low revs and tonnes of torque. No compalints.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A person is able to order a different diamond drive that is alot tougher than the stock one.. They say it will take over 350hp...
Non Vendor advertising removed

Last edited by a moderator:

M1K

Reaction score
A person is able to order a different diamond drive that is alot tougher than the stock one.. They say it will take over 350hp...
Non Vendor advertising removed

Hey glengine, whats the cost to upgrade DD & would a guy still have reverse? Ya know once you have it can't go without... kinda like a....aw nevermind! Also can you post some bigger pics of that turbo'd M. Thanx.

lightening1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i had one and i personally dont think its all that i would take a 800 polaris dragon anyday over a m, the d8 runs like a dream, ride with 2 of them all the time, mine was also modded pretty heavily and i think it was just ok for the money i spent on it. Now im trying a different approach and going to the boosted nytro i need to go fast.lol

norwegian

Reaction score
Don't do it the Arctic Cat is one of the funest sledds to handle etc. but nothing but d drive isues and a new motor is $6900.00 with only 2200 miles. ArcticScrap.:nono:

fcat7

Reaction score
Lookin' for opinions on this one. Anyone have one, or even tried a couple of pokes on one. I'm thinkin' real serious about going back to cat next year.:)

Just bought 08 m1000 awsome sled lots of power.If your in deep powder all the time get the 162 if not the 153 is alot of fun boondocking

Bigbragg

Reaction score
Has anyone had any probs with the crank seal failing? Mag side i think.

I had to take my new 08 M-1000 sno-pro to the shop as it would run like crap, almost like a fouled plug. Four long months of trouble shooting the shop said the mag side crank seal was leaking. By the time i got her back (mid April) there was no snow left. It did run well enough to back it off the deck and into the garage, but thats as far as i could go. It only has 317 miles.
Let me know. what you all think and what else i should look for.

Thanks.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Every Sled has its few little issues. I love my 1000 and will never go back to an 8 as long as Im on a two stroke. The power is amazing and like mentioned before the thing just tractors. Some mentioned 800's whippin on the 1000 and for what Ive seen and done, that would be all rider. My buddy went to a 159x2.5 and dropped 3 grand into his rev just to follow my lines. I love my M1000 !

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You're a 1000cc addict Nutz....:) I'm talking to Don about picking up an '08 M8 from him. Should know within the next week if I'm changing my underwear from yellow to green. ;) :)

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
I have a m8 and i love it only issues i've had was the display locked up. Otherwise 1600km on the best sled i've ever owned

Top Bottom