M1000's

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lookin' for opinions on this one. Anyone have one, or even tried a couple of pokes on one. I'm thinkin' real serious about going back to cat next year.:)

GRD

Reaction score
Issues

Sounds like people are having issues with the m7 bogging in deep pow...

Not sure about the M1000's. If you like deep snow I would look into it more.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
re: m1000

hey shredder: you need to contact new member "slim" on this website. he has a m8 and his old man has a m1000(from what I read in other posts). look him up under the members tab, and you could probably pm him for info??:rolleyes: from what I've read about the m1000, it isn't short on power.

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rinding an M8 after moving on from Polaris. Great sled, I have no complaints. No shortage of power, huge climbing abilities

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well of course,it is a cat.Went and looked at one thinking I might trade my Kingcat in and after checking and comparing I didnt think I would gain enough to make it worth while although I still want one but cant justify the cost,mayby next year!Very nice sled though!
catmando!:twocents:

whickey

Reaction score
I have the M1000. All that I can say is wow. No it is not short on power it hauls pretty good. I have has some issues with the engine though. We took it to Valemount when it was brand new. (Picked it up on wednesday afternoon and left for valemount). I wanted to give it a good breakin so I was planning on riding the trail for the first 40 miles then go a little in the back country. I left the truck with 0.4 miles on it and at 2.7 the engine seized. Apparntly they have had a few that did that. The dealer offered to rebuild the engine for us however after a few choice words with me the prommised to replace it. They did not have a new engine at the factory they are all on the production line so they just gave me new sled. It now has 400 miles on it and the check engine light was comming back on. It is in the shop now. Apparntly the O2 sinsor was miss reading stuff. But that is all. the seized engine they found out did not get blead rpopertly so that is why and the sensor it just in my opinion the small things that mal function with new sleds. We are finally heading back to valemount this weekend to test it out, if anyone wants to join us. We will more the likley riding cliamia on Saturday

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Re: M1000

Rode With Several Cat Owners On The Weekend, And 1 Was The M1000with A 153"(?) Track(would've Liked To See One With The Bigger Track Out With Us). Power Seemed Pretty Good, But Wasn't A Great Climber, I Thought. It Was Being Outclimbed By '07 Summit 800xrs And My '06 Rt1000 Highmark And An '05 Rt1000 Modded And A 900 Mountain Cat On "juice" And 16" Wide Track And A M7 With Bigbore Also On "juice". Seemed To Be Very Manueverable In The Trees(boondocking), However(probably Moreso Than My Rt1000). Seemed Like He Was Having A Lot Of Fun.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From what I've been reading on SnoWest the M1000 and the 700 Dragon seem to be battling it out for "sled of the year". I saw some 800R's really ripping it up as well; but then we went over and talked to the guys and they had already lost 2 engines,and 2 ECM's that weekend. I think that reliability is the only thing keeping the 800R from being right in the running. My Escape managed to hold it's own with the new sleds pretty well for an '03.:cool:

whickey

Reaction score
We finially got our new M1000 out to Revy last weekend all I can say is wow that thing can climb. We went to sale mountain was really good riding there. Not really tracked up to bad. Went to bolder the next day and it's tracked up so bad that you can barely ride.

nuckinfutz

Reaction score
I love mine,first time I have bought a sled without some regret,great purchase does everything well and some things extremely well, really like the handling and power ( 153) first time with a small track and I am in love. can't go wrong and lots of mods to keep you interested in what can be if motivated.

M10N.E.

Reaction score
Love mine as well, great power and handling. Also know 4 other guys that got and all seem to really like them, although the one fellow didn't think there was much difference between his King Cat and his 1000 until he changed reeds and can

M1K

Reaction score
Didn't love mine @ first due to the diamond drive piling up but after that all is well. Love the way the 153 sno pro jumps & boondocks. This thing pulls like a 4 stroke! Also hear they respond very well to a turbo.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the M1000. All that I can say is wow. No it is not short on power it hauls pretty good. I have has some issues with the engine though. We took it to Valemount when it was brand new. (Picked it up on wednesday afternoon and left for valemount). I wanted to give it a good breakin so I was planning on riding the trail for the first 40 miles then go a little in the back country. I left the truck with 0.4 miles on it and at 2.7 the engine seized. Apparntly they have had a few that did that. The dealer offered to rebuild the engine for us however after a few choice words with me the prommised to replace it. They did not have a new engine at the factory they are all on the production line so they just gave me new sled. It now has 400 miles on it and the check engine light was comming back on. It is in the shop now. Apparntly the O2 sinsor was miss reading stuff. But that is all. the seized engine they found out did not get blead rpopertly so that is why and the sensor it just in my opinion the small things that mal function with new sleds. We are finally heading back to valemount this weekend to test it out, if anyone wants to join us. We will more the likley riding cliamia on Saturday

haha, those cats must just like the shop, maybe it's nice and warm in there? :p

summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just picked up the latest Snowest Canada magazine and there is an article in there on the 08 M1000. Lots of positives and not a whole lot of negative stuff. Good article and worth a read for sure.

Bigbragg

Reaction score
I took my 08 m1000 to Mcbride end of Nov for the first trip. Loved it. the only problem i had was the altimeter craped out, it showed 6500 ft then all of a sudden it dropped 4000 ft. Also the low fuel light was on with a full tank. Shut the engine off wait a minute restarted and it would be fine. This happened a few times over the day.
Buddy with a new m8 had his reverse alarm on as soon as he started up for the first time of the day. It seemed as the sled warmed up 20mins latter the alarm stoped.
weired.

Bigbragg

Reaction score
Went back to McBride today first trip and now my speedo dont work. Switched it from mech to didgital and still nothing. looks like i found the lemon. Shoulda went with Doo.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey there m1k. You are correct on the turbo.. I built one for a guy this year and then we dyno'd it.. It made like 280hp and 200FTlbs of toeque!!!!!!! But there are a few things with that. To get it to work at it's optimum you need to do a few things extra other than just a turbo kit.. You need to run race fuel also.. Which vp is a pretty good price at the shop i work at.. Specialty sleds...

Top Bottom