M1000 Turbo looking for some info

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys I am wondering about the Cat's being turboed and wondering if there is any major problems or problems with the reliability on the M1000? I know that the 4 strokes are more reliable etc.... I am curious cause I have herd mixed reports. If anyone has a turboed Cat M1000 I would love some feedback. I also know there is different set ups out there and I am looking at the Boondocker new 1000 pump gas kit that just came out. The price is good and install looks pretty simple. Thanks guys and look forward to hearing some feedback.

RatedX

Reaction score
Ya they can be very reliable, but I would really look into the Twisted Turbo's, the guy is a genius and has made a very clean and and great looking kit that works bang on. He rides an m1200 with his turbo, and it is one of the best sleds on the hill

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just 1 question

Have you even ridden your sled yet Darren?

May not need a turbo. 2 strokes and turbos can need extra maintance no matter how low the boost

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just 1 question

Have you even ridden your sled yet Darren?

May not need a turbo. 2 strokes and turbos can need extra maintance no matter how low the boost

I know i may not need one I am just looking ahead incase I decide to turbo the kitty. I am probally gonna be completely happy with my set up Glenn but i was curious about the low boost Boondocker pump gas kit. I am breaking her in this weekend comming up. Thanks for the info guys.

05blazerboy

Reaction score
If I were you, I'd call a tech at Don's speed parts, they are usually pretty helpful, or else E7S motorsports, they have been pretty awesome as far as helping me by e-mail. I'd think that with a low boost boondocker kit, you should only have to worry about your crank life being cut in half. Probably get a solid 2-3 years out of it rather than 6-8, but then I'm just going from what I've heard. I've seen a few M/8-1000's last season with fresh turbo's that didn't get any clutch work done and that's what sent them home, so make sure you get it reclutched to suit. Should be laughing after that.

storch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am hoping mine works great. I will let you know. My M8 turbo was awsome
with no problems hoping the M1000 set up works just as good but with 300hp.
Get your clutch all sorted out snowseeker

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My son has a TM1000 with a Boondocker race gas setup. Engine reliability has never been an issue when running the appropriate fuel. Turbo reliability is another thing entirely. As previously mentioned...these things are high maintenance. Broken blow off valve, broken boost pressure sensor, bad fuel controller program update, broken intercooler bracket welds.....the list goes on and on. Sure is fun to ride when it works, but turbo's are definately not pull and go sleds. :d

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My son has a TM1000 with a Boondocker race gas setup. Engine reliability has never been an issue when running the appropriate fuel. Turbo reliability is another thing entirely. As previously mentioned...these things are high maintenance. Broken blow off valve, broken boost pressure sensor, bad fuel controller program update, broken intercooler bracket welds.....the list goes on and on. Sure is fun to ride when it works, but turbo's are definately not pull and go sleds. :d

I agree...I'm not a cat guy but can't knock there engine reliability but saying that I ride with a couple 1000 and 800 cats with the turbo and none have ever had engine problems but just keeping them running for a whole day of riding is near next to impossible...Just like above...Blow off valves,fuel controller, on and on. When they do run they are awesome machines but definitely not pull and go sleds....Just my 2 cents from what I have seen. If you want a good reliable machine I think you have one of the best out there just the way it is...Stock.

PullThePin

Reaction score
My buddy built an M1000 this summer. Custom, started with a GTR28 RS fabs his own intakes and stuff. Biggest thing is the fuel controller. He does his own maps plug and play with his laptop. Every single engine is a little bit different and the same map with the same kit on a diff. sled might produce a little different result as far as A/F ratios throughout the rpm range. Can be the only reason I would suspect anyone would have trouble with a pre-mapped kit. Although you can always lean or fatten with the basic up/down display you can always get hiccups in the fuel map. Those hiccups or glitches in the fuel control can blow stuff up if not caught.

He has been custom turboing everything he has bought that has fuel injection for years. 600 anniversary Raptor, 700 dragon, M1000, vector, RX1 and his latest creation to be finished....Turbo Assault.

Top Bottom