M1000 Mods

grizzlymud

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have a 08 M1000 and looking at doing some modes to it. Has a Speedworks Y, pipe, can, Boondocker, Mountain seat, risers, gauge cage, AFR gauge and 09 tail. Clutching is stock with 36 helix, 85g weights for flat land and 80g for Mountains. Thinking about doing the RK Tech secondary or save for new 2.5 camo track. What think track or secondary is better investment? Thanks.

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love the Terra alps 46/36 helix and changed my primary spring to a AC gold for low engagment. I would spend the money on the track expecially since you are running the 08 track, the 09 track is even better! The Camo is suppose to work very well! Likely my next thing I will change if I keep it?

Team Pigeon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How does it run with the stuff you got on it? If you don't know how you want to spend your money, get a goggle warmer bag.
If you buy a track, you need to re-clutch anyways. MDS weights. Or Cutler adjustables.

How many miles?
After about 3500- you should just replace the primary with a new one, sell off the old one before she blows. Especially if you consistently start taking weight away from the primary.
How does your secondary perform? Is there lots of wear on the secondary moveable sheave bushing when you compare it with no spring pressure to the fixed sheave? If so, spend your money replacing these parts or you're just wasting your money of parts that won't work for you.

FlatLandz11

Reaction score
does anyone know where i can get boondock settings for jaws twin pipes? at least a start point. i am wishing now i would have went with d&d twins, didn't realize there is no information for jaws.

Team Pigeon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd try the JAWS WEBSITE eh. Or call Jaws. OR email Jaws. If you can't find their numbers, I can email them to you- just need an address.

Top Bottom