m1000 bog, or should say Mseries bog

waynemags

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK. ive done lots of reading on the subject of the lowend bog on the Mseries. Mine is an o7 M1000. has a can, and pressure regulator. had out today and seams to have the issue. lowend bog. after you let off and feather or blurp the throttle its fine, and pulls hard. hasn't gotten to where it dies, but don't want to get there when in deep stuff or climbing. of all the articles, theres lots of suggestions from new intake, reeds, programmer, and the list goes on. has anyone found a cure? im not gonna spend a tonne of cash on it but if theres a surefire cure that has worked for many, ill try it. 790Miles on it, good compression, runs hard after that spot. let me know your guys thoughts. running 46ish fuel pressure at 2800FT. usin a BMP regulator. may have an aftermarket Ypipe.the one on there is smooth widopen bore. if theres any fixes let me know. thanx

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Timbersled intake fixed mine, but I had an SLP single set and a Booney box. The bog was never that bad to begin with. Intake made it a lot louder to the operator too....to the point of being annoying at times. Can't say it's a surefire cure though.

craptabulous

Reaction score
If they werent so expensive i would try the stm power valves . I have a bd box and full exhaust with a rktek head the only time i get a bog is if my bd box pops up an injector error . Probably happens every 16 hours of riding , i usually just restart it and its good to go .

waynemags

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looks lie this is gonna cost. il wait till I get home again and check throttle safety play, any gaps in the intake to throttle body, and whatnot. got pretty good deal on it while trading wifes old mountain max and bit of cash. its in real good shape, but don't want to throw a tonne of cash at it. one other thing I did notice,,, I had a brand new belt at home. dayco xtx . cant remember the number. anyways I threw it on and lost some track speed. one I took off was cat belt. seemed to get more speed out of the cat belt.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I tried 046 and 060.....preferred the 046. Cheaper, lasted just as long, and gained about 200 rpm.

marcel.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been told the m1000 eat up the. 046 I've wanted to try them because of the price difference but I've been scared just to waist my money.

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been running the 046 belt on my 09 m1000 with no issuess! 750km on this one now. Blew 2 060 within 400km when first got my sled, tired the 046 and it is a softer compound and seems to grab the clutches better.

craptabulous

Reaction score
I run a 046 with great results ,My m1000 is pushing an easy extra 20-30 hp over stock . Also running a 162 x2.5 . I have never tried the 060 the dealership tol me not to bother with it . They usually sell me the 046 for 100$

Last edited:

waynemags

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is there any special tools needed to rebuild the secondary? gonna replace the helix and the rollers/buttons

marcel.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is there any special tools needed to rebuild the secondary? gonna replace the helix and the rollers/buttons

You can buy a clutch press slp makes a good one. Myself personally I just used a vise sure its a bit harder but it saved me the money of buying a press for basically a one or two time use. But that's just my opinion.

craptabulous

Reaction score
i think that goofy electronic power valve crap is to blame . i ordered the supreme tools piston style power valves , i will let you know how it goes with them .

i have read very good reviews on them .

08xpx

Reaction score
Don't bother with the STM valves total waste of money. I have a set with a map and they are power robbing and full of problems even purchased them with a map from racing station. I had a bog in the sled stock which was running premium fuel. Went back to regular went away. I have spent a fortune trying to get rid of it since I installed an SLP single pipe set no map for a 2010 M1000. And I really don't care how many times I have been told the 09 map will not work on 10-11. Ready to dump mine or part it out at this point. Also have a PC5 with the auto tune don't waste your money trying a BD box now not going well.

Top Bottom