m series secondary differences

mphfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an 08 m1000. i purchased a used secondary from a 2007 m8. Everything should be the same right? I install it on my sled and the inner cup touches the DD housing when i tighten the clutch bolt. Upon closer inspection the inner hub that rests on the splined shaft is shallower on this secondary. i had to add .080 shims to the shaft to run this secondary and align everything......Im confused as to why this secondary would be different? Anyone else seen this?

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was told that the 1000 secondary was different than the 800 as I have both sleds and needed a part for my 1000 secondary and dealer told me it was different?

mountianguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an 08 m1000. i purchased a used secondary from a 2007 m8. Everything should be the same right? I install it on my sled and the inner cup touches the DD housing when i tighten the clutch bolt. Upon closer inspection the inner hub that rests on the splined shaft is shallower on this secondary. i had to add .080 shims to the shaft to run this secondary and align everything......Im confused as to why this secondary would be different? Anyone else seen this?

I had the same thing on my 07 I just machined the end down for clearance.But I did check part numbers 07 08 09 are all different numbers 10/11 are the same. In all years though the 800 is the same as the 1000. I thought they were all the same but maybe not?

note I did not compare the S/P but they are a different number also

Last edited:

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I came across the the same issue when i purchased a secondary for my 08 m8 and went to put it on my 07. had to shim as well.

Top Bottom