m series hood repair

boydo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wondering if my m1000 hood can be repaired? has a couple fresh cracks in it, had a vector bumper viciously attack it.......or i ran into it. lets not worry bout the details!!!

kennyblatz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
by no means perfect but drill a 1/8 hole at the end of the crack so start it from going farther. i would alternate holes down the crack and stitch it up with some wire.

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
get a bumper repair kit, has eveything you need to fix cracks in your hood, works great on all our hood we done, be found at any hard ware store

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the original hood on my M7 held together with 50-some zip ties at one point before I replaced it. Drill a tiny hole at either end of the crack and then drill holes on either side of the crack and use a zip tie to hold it together. Works like a charm and gives the sled some character:d

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wondering if my m1000 hood can be repaired? has a couple fresh cracks in it, had a vector bumper viciously attack it.......or i ran into it. lets not worry bout the details!!!

new one is close to a G note if not over, if repaired they are tuff to make last, or find a used take off hood. If u get a shop to repair it with the labor and painting it will add up to a new one or a used one. Look for a used one

badss

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Boydo.....I'll take some pics for ya....you can buy Speed Grip and a roll of the sticky meshed drywall tape. You grind out the crack a bit from the backside and rough it up with sandpaper. There is an aresol spray that you use to clean and condition the hood and then you cut the tape to fit the crack which will overlap the cracks. This is a two part epoxy that comes in a two tube combination that you insert into a special gun. You can get varying work time epoxy from 1 minute all the way to 20 minutes. I use the 1 minute and 5 minute epoxies. the set-up uses tips that once you pull the trigger to dispense the epoxy....it swirls the two components together. My sons M7 hood was pretty much toast and I put it back together with this stuff. Body shops use it and hate to tell anyone about it because it is so good, You literally can stick or glue anything together with it. He flipped his machine again once after I repaired it and it broke in a different spot than any of the repairs so it is strong stuff and if you have a black hood you won't hardly see the cracks even when you are done. I keep a tube handy in my garage and wouldn't be without it now. NAPA sells it but may have to be order in. You'll need some spare tips as well because they are toast once used. You'd probrably be looking at just over $100.00 but I can check pricing for you. I didn't need to buy a gun becasue a buddy of mine owns a body shop and gave me the gun. You'll need a roll of fiberglass or mesh drywall tape, the gun, a spray can of Adhesion promoter, bondo applicators (squeegies) and the epoxy....also dries to a high gloss black finish that smooths out as it dries. You'll need some good rubber gloves as well.You get this stuff on you and it don't come off! Check price and get back to me as my sister and brother inlaw own a NAPA store here in Slave and if its too expensive I probrably can get you a deal on it.... Too bad you weren't closer....i'd fix it and trade you a polish job! LOL. later.

boydo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks Badss!! come on down one day, we can swap it out!!!

badss

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
too bad I hadn't checked Sno/mud before I left for Edmonton....I just spent 2 days in meetings and had evenings to myself....coulda brought my stuff and fixed ya up! Got any pics of the cracks? As long as there are no chunks missing is the big thing....

Alberta Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No longer in Alberta... Moved to Toronto!

LMAO... that didn't take long... would have been cheaper to bash up the old ZX! It is tough to keep things unbroken if you are boydo!

Break... fix... break... fix... life of boydo! :d

Top Bottom