M-8 Turbo kits

Linkz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i don't know how glengine's posts are thought as trying to pick fights, I find all his info and questions very knowledgable:twocents:, and besides how could you really know Casper, you've only been on here since this month, give it time buddy and relax, have a :beer::d

I second that!!

venom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Casper

Reaction score
I would like to thank the others that have chimed in on this topic, this is the info that I look for.As for Glen why dont you post a thread on aerocharger telling us from your knowledge all the pros and cons, and then do the same for auto style, instead questioning other vendors lets see you become forthcomming with you info.
Mr.C thanks for the info on the BD kit, but is maintanance on these kits that I question, leaking hoses, hoses blowing off, oil tanks, relocating fuel pump,fuel lines rubbing through the areocharger has none of these items to worry about.Also when you change the boost dont you need to adjust fuel pressure? How about clutching and gearing would that not need to be changed every time you adjust the boost? Lets say you are running at 3lbs about 150hp then you crank it up to 12lbs about 225hp what do you set up for? Its going to be a turd somewhere! where? Aerocharger is set at 10 or 12lbs and clutched and geared for that point,may not be the worst may not be the best but it will be right there on the hill with the rest of them.
Like I said I need something simple, I am a good at wrenching but not great!
As for my thoughts on adjusting the boost why? whats the point? Unless there is a box of money waiting for you at the top of the mountain why would you risk engine failure to beat your buddy by a couple of feet. To me a good day on the mountain is when you have lots of fun no one gets hurt and all the machines drive out.
Fabster, I have checked out all of the U.S guys, I would like to buy local so that if I encounter any problems I can throw it on the trailer and take it in and from my pricing the kits are not out align on the $$$ but I do agree with you that there is some real talent out there on turbos!
As for my legnth of time on S&M I have been following along on here for over a year, but had to join because of relocation and free usage time out

Lets here from some more riders I need some more average joe experience..:beer:

G

Guest1

Fabster, I have checked out all of the U.S guys. I would like to buy local so that if I encounter any problems I can throw it on the trailer and take it in and from my pricing the kits are not out align on the $$$ but I do agree with you that there is some real talent out there on turbos!..:beer:

:cool: keep us posted on what you end up with...beer:

WRK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would like to thank the others that have chimed in on this topic, this is the info that I look for.As for Glen why dont you post a thread on aerocharger telling us from your knowledge all the pros and cons, and then do the same for auto style, instead questioning other vendors lets see you become forthcomming with you info.
Mr.C thanks for the info on the BD kit, but is maintanance on these kits that I question, leaking hoses, hoses blowing off, oil tanks, relocating fuel pump,fuel lines rubbing through the areocharger has none of these items to worry about.Also when you change the boost dont you need to adjust fuel pressure? How about clutching and gearing would that not need to be changed every time you adjust the boost? Lets say you are running at 3lbs about 150hp then you crank it up to 12lbs about 225hp what do you set up for? Its going to be a turd somewhere! where? Aerocharger is set at 10 or 12lbs and clutched and geared for that point,may not be the worst may not be the best but it will be right there on the hill with the rest of them.
As for my thoughts on adjusting the boost why? whats the point? Unless there is a box of money waiting for you at the top of the mountain why would you risk engine failure to beat your buddy by a couple of feet. To me a good day on the mountain is when you have lots of fun no one gets hurt and all the machines drive out.
Fabster, I have checked out all of the U.S guys, I would like to buy local so that if I encounter any problems I can throw it on the trailer and take it in and from my pricing the kits are not out align on the $$$ but I do agree with you that there is some real talent out there on turbos!
As for my legnth of time on S&M I have been following along on here for over a year, but had to join because of relocation and free usage time out

The boost adujustment is real nice, I run 9lbs on average which is plenty and very controllable, I can crank up and down between 7-13lbs with no adjustment. Its not like clutching a naturally aspirated sled. at 7lbs it puls 7000rpm which is not optimal but is still 190hp, then crank it to 13lbs and pull 8200rpm (no harm to the motor) and point and shoot with the best of them. the 700 makes power at 7800rpm but missing it a bit on boost still pulls really well. If I really wanted it dialed in I would put my cutler adjustable weights in and just add or substract weight for different boost levels, a 10 minute process. The thing of it is if I ride it a 6 lbs, I can ride it like a freestyle sled, jumping and dropping of cornices (can not do that at 13lbs, to uncontrollable), then when the guys with the aerochargers roll up stuck at 10lbs, I can just give the dial a crank to 13lbs and whammy the aero charger wont touch me. Best of both worlds, but I get where you are coming from with the ease of use concerns. What ever route you choose I do not think you will be disapointed.

venom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

check out the repair cost on a aero compared to the auto.twice as much if not more on the aero.i don't think that u would have to worry about oil leaks or anything like that if it was installed properly.also do regular maitenance checks it pays off in the long run.regards to the ability to be able to adj boost presure,i personally think it's a great option.i ran a s/c apex for 3 years and had it dialed in but for 8000ft.only thing was on the socked in days when u couldn't get up to elevation and had to play in the trees or wherever 2000-3000ft lower than what u would normally ride at,it over reved.boosted or not u still make more power down low than up top.at least the option is there,turn it down or leave it.u don't see many,if any aeros on the 3 to 400hp yammies out there.their all autos,day in day out.just my 2 cents

venom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The boost adujustment is real nice, I run 9lbs on average which is plenty and very controllable, I can crank up and down between 7-13lbs with no adjustment. Its not like clutching a naturally aspirated sled. at 7lbs it puls 7000rpm which is not optimal but is still 190hp, then crank it to 13lbs and pull 8200rpm (no harm to the motor) and point and shoot with the best of them. the 700 makes power at 7800rpm but missing it a bit on boost still pulls really well. If I really wanted it dialed in I would put my cutler adjustable weights in and just add or substract weight for different boost levels, a 10 minute process. The thing of it is if I ride it a 6 lbs, I can ride it like a freestyle sled, jumping and dropping of cornices (can not do that at 13lbs, to uncontrollable), then when the guys with the aerochargers roll up stuck at 10lbs, I can just give the dial a crank to 13lbs and whammy the aero charger wont touch me. Best of both worlds, but I get where you are coming from with the ease of use concerns. What ever route you choose I do not think you will be disapointed.
i second that.:beer:

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
exhaust donuts burn out a higher boost levels, then leak and cause tuning issues

extra oil lines, boost lines, coolant lines. seems no matter how tight I got my one oil line to the turbo every once in a while it would come off.

find a good place to mount your aux fuel pump, I used the the spot that bd recomended and it came loose and rubbed a hole through it, buddy of mine had the same issue 3 weeks later.

ceramic coat your pipe and exhaust accesaries will prolong there life. they tend to split after a 1000 miles or so, likly depends on boost as well. I split 2 y pipes and one was brand new, ceramic coated everything and have not had a issue yet.

if you cant put carbon fibre reed pedals in right away, check your stock ones about 500 miles after you put the kit on.

End of the season, likly expect to replace top end, may not need it but it is cheap insurance for the next season.

If you use injection oil in you turbo tank resevoir you will have to pull the line off the top and clean your bearing out every couple hundred miles or so, gums up a bit.

Can't think of anything else off the top of my head, but your gonna love the turbo!!!

An easy fix for the fuel aux fuel pump location issues is to install one of the pumps from cutler then you dont need the aux pump as the new pump pushes enough for the sytem requirements.

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
check out the repair cost on a aero compared to the auto.twice as much if not more on the aero.i don't think that u would have to worry about oil leaks or anything like that if it was installed properly.also do regular maitenance checks it pays off in the long run.regards to the ability to be able to adj boost presure,i personally think it's a great option.i ran a s/c apex for 3 years and had it dialed in but for 8000ft.only thing was on the socked in days when u couldn't get up to elevation and had to play in the trees or wherever 2000-3000ft lower than what u would normally ride at,it over reved.boosted or not u still make more power down low than up top.at least the option is there,turn it down or leave it.u don't see many,if any aeros on the 3 to 400hp yammies out there.their all autos,day in day out.just my 2 cents

I have had a conversation with Travis and he indicates the Hyper is no more and in many cases less to repair..on their OVS kits.....They can be repaired on a part by part basis....and whole centers do not have to be replaced.................but the garrett is still the way to go if you want reliability and big boost...just my 2 cents.
Travis also told me they have ready to go units..so when they recieve your busted Hyper they give you a price to repair and send you a ready to go unit.

mmagic

Mountain Magic Snow Machines
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainmagic.ca
wich turbo is better the garrett turbos or your airo turbos
if your going to spend the money might as well get the best

There is no right or wrong in whichever choice you make. Each system has its merrits and we sell both. Alot of our customers prefer the simplicity of the aerocharger turbos. The install is very clean and neat because of the turbo being self contained and for mountain sleds it is light. We have found a 53 series aerocharger set at 10lbs boost to be a nice riding sled in all conditions. You can change the boost but not nearly as easy as a garrett. The ease with which you can change the boost with a garrett holds attraction to alot of people.

venom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is no right or wrong in whichever choice you make. Each system has its merrits and we sell both. Alot of our customers prefer the simplicity of the aerocharger turbos. The install is very clean and neat because of the turbo being self contained and for mountain sleds it is light. We have found a 53 series aerocharger set at 10lbs boost to be a nice riding sled in all conditions. You can change the boost but not nearly as easy as a garrett. The ease with which you can change the boost with a garrett holds attraction to alot of people.

i had the chance to talk to travis at ovs.he informed me that their aero kit has the ability to adj boost like the auto.just the turn off a knob.i think it could be turned down as far as 5lbs all the way up to 16lbs.and i think that was on the 66 aero kit.

lightening1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
after doing some research it think bd is the way to go.i have been dealing with justin at Code Red Performance - Performance at its best! very knowledgable guy and responds very quickly to pm's or what ever.
here's a link.....New Boondocker Pump Gas turbo kits Spring check program - SnoWest Forum

there was thread posted over at snow west commenting on his stellar customer service but i couldn't fine it.u don't see that to often.:)

you can buy the kits cheaper right here in edmonton and not have to deal with the bordr bullch!t.

venom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you can buy the kits cheaper right here in edmonton and not have to deal with the bordr bullch!t.

i could have got any t brand cheaper through the states.but with the exchange rate right now puts everything on par.regards to the border crap,just don't ship ups go with usps no fees.
i'm prob going to end up getting the ovs t kit from a dealer in edm.

mmagic

Mountain Magic Snow Machines
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainmagic.ca
i had the chance to talk to travis at ovs.he informed me that their aero kit has the ability to adj boost like the auto.just the turn off a knob.i think it could be turned down as far as 5lbs all the way up to 16lbs.and i think that was on the 66 aero kit.

Yes, that would be a 66 series turbo to make that high a boost.

Top Bottom