M-8 Turbo kits

mmagic

Mountain Magic Snow Machines
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainmagic.ca
We have M-8 turbo kits in stock now! The kit features an Aerocharger 53 turbo, control box, upgraded fuel pump, fuel and boost guages and hardware to install. Kit requires 110 leaded race gas. $6800

Call Mountain Magic at (780) 474-9400

Tweaker 660

RIP Jan 16,2009
Reaction score
Is it 100% race fuel or a mix? How much boost and horsepower does it run and Is it adjustable? have you run Boondockers kit? Advantages Disadvantages? Have you had any riding time on either? I am buying a Turbo for my M8 talk me into yours. How much for install?

mmagic

Mountain Magic Snow Machines
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainmagic.ca
Is it 100% race fuel or a mix? How much boost and horsepower does it run and Is it adjustable? have you run Boondockers kit? Advantages Disadvantages? Have you had any riding time on either? I am buying a Turbo for my M8 talk me into yours. How much for install?

The kit is a 100% race gas set up. We recomment Sunoco Standard or equivalent. The boost is set at 10lbs wich gives 220 hp and can be ajusted but the problem is as you change the boost the fuel requirements change and so does the clutching. The attitude control box is very easy to use and being an aerocharger the install is clean and neat with no extra lines. Install cost is $650 and we have run these kits for 3 years with great success.

Tweaker 660

RIP Jan 16,2009
Reaction score
The kit is a 100% race gas set up. We recomment Sunoco Standard or equivalent. The boost is set at 10lbs wich gives 220 hp and can be ajusted but the problem is as you change the boost the fuel requirements change and so does the clutching. The attitude control box is very easy to use and being an aerocharger the install is clean and neat with no extra lines. Install cost is $650 and we have run these kits for 3 years with great success.

Do you sell the Sunoco and how much a barrel?

Casper

Reaction score
How hard is it to adjust boost? What do you have to do to adjust the boost?

Hey Glen, In your past posts you have said that Speciality carries both Boondocker and Aerocharger kits,so you being a dealer for Aerocharger would you not know how to set the boost on their turbos? I was in your shop checking out your kits, but with a question like this I wonder how much experience you really have with the Aerocharger Turbo!:eek:

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Glen, In your past posts you have said that Speciality carries both Boondocker and Aerocharger kits,so you being a dealer for Aerocharger would you not know how to set the boost on their turbos? I was in your shop checking out your kits, but with a question like this I wonder how much experience you really have with the Aerocharger Turbo!:eek:

Oh no worries i know how to adjust the boost.. But i was just hoping that MMagic would actually respond to someone that was knowledable about turbo's.. And maybe point out the difference between boondocker and aero turbo's for adjusting boost.. Because on an auto style turbo like the BD all you have to do is adjust a knob where as the aero turbo's you have to use shims to adjust boost.. So it's not a simple thing that you can just do on the trail in a second.. I know other people that have deleted there comments on this thread aswell, they have run turbo'd sleds for a couple of years now and asked knowledge questions and did not get a response so they just said piss on it and deleted their posts.. I just want to make sure that people are aware of the whole truth about both kits.. Dont get me wrong i like the aerocharger turbo's but there are some very big differences between running one kit to the other..

Last edited:

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, we stock the Sunoco. Price this year unfortunatly went up with the increase in gasoline and shipping. $650 a barrel for Standard.

WWWOOOWWW!!! Thats quite abit more than VP fuel that you need for a turbo sled.. The C111 i expect this winter to come in around 550-560 a barrel.. Will know for sure around the sled show.

Casper

Reaction score
First off Glen I joined this forum so that I could become more informed as a CONSUMER I like reading and chatting with other riders to see what works and what does not. What I do not enjoy is someone like yourself trying pick a fight with other vendors. This appears to the "public" to be childish and inmature so for the benifit of your previous employer and your company I would think it would be time to move on! As for the other venders on this forum good on you for not being drawn into this game, it shows some CLASS.
As for myself and my friends we are looking for a Turbo system that is (1)simple to use (2)safe on our engines (3) reliable ,we want to pull the cord and ride, we do not want to have the hood up all the time fooling with some knob,thats why we like the aerocharger. With our group we have to earn our money, we are not sponsored so when something breaks it hurts. So if anyone else would like to provide me with some reasonable information on their turbo kits I would like to hear from you.

Last edited by a moderator:

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First off Glen I joined this forum so that I could become more informed as a CONSUMER I like reading and chatting with other riders to see what works and what does not. What I do not enjoy is someone like yourself trying pick a fight with other vendors. This appears to the "public" to be childish and inmature so for the benifit of your previous employer and your company I would think it would be time to move on! As for the other venders on this forum good on you for not being drawn into this game, it shows some CLASS.
As for myself and my friends we are looking for a Turbo system that is (1)simple to use (2)safe on our engines (3) reliable ,we want to pull the cord and ride, we do not want to have the hood up all the time fooling with some knob,thats why we like the aerocharger. With our group we have to earn our money, we are not sponsored so when something breaks it hurts. So if anyone else would like to provide me with some reasonable information on their turbo kits I would like to hear from you.

It seems like you took my posts in a way that they were not intended.. I was not intending or trying to pick a fight with anyone.. I wasn't trying to make anyone look bad either.. What i was trying to do was ask questions that some other people might not think of so that they could have more info about all the different kits out there.. For myself if i was looking at putting a turbo on a sled, which i might be, i would want to know as much info as possible about the different kits that are out there.. The knob is just to turn your boost up or down.. I'm sorry if took offence to my questions to try and help others out with info casper.. I hope you find the info you are looking for and enjoy sleddin this winter..

venom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What I do not enjoy is someone like yourself trying pick a fight with other vendors.
[/QUOTE]

whattt............... fight...........where.

relax :beer:i think he asked that ? for our benefit.:d

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i don't know how glengine's posts are thought as trying to pick fights, I find all his info and questions very knowledgable:twocents:, and besides how could you really know Casper, you've only been on here since this month, give it time buddy and relax, have a :beer::d

WRK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I thought that the info was very interesting, I run a bd kit and now know that I woul not want to run the aerocharger because I like to change boost levels day to day depending on snow conditions. It is just to bad MM would not respond to the question, why use this site to advertise a product if you won't respond to questions. There is not a safe, reliable, pull the cord on go kit out there. The guys who tell you that, know how to tune the kit and know all the little maintainance issues that you need to address weekly. The kits are a blast but there is alot of up keep. Any small 2stroke engine pumping out twice its rated hp is going to near some tlc, just as a big bore that pumps out lots of ponies would. I put 30+ days in the mountains on my turbo m7 last winter and although I would call it a pull the rope and go sled, it required alot of maintaince. things just seem to mysteriously come loose all the time? In my limited experience with kits all the ones that I have seen working good on the hill have been Boondocker kits and I do not have a preference myself, just like the boost. I ran into at least a dozen kits with aerocharger and as many or more of the bd kits. Seems the guys with bds had less to complain about. Not knocking the MM guys either, I have stopped in a few times and they are very helpfull and knowledgable, though a bit patriotic to there boosted cats LOL, keep hoping to run into one on the hill as they claim flawlessness!

G

Guest1

As for myself and my friends we are looking for a Turbo system that is (1)simple to use (2)safe on our engines (3) reliable,we want to pull the cord and ride, we do not want to have the hood up all the time fooling with some knob. So if anyone else would like to provide me with some reasonable information on their turbo kits I would like to hear from you.

Sent you a SW link re: Twisted Turbo's out of Salt Lake Utah...ProductTester has a M-Turbo set-up you might be very interested in....:beer:

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought that the info was very interesting, I run a bd kit and now know that I woul not want to run the aerocharger because I like to change boost levels day to day depending on snow conditions. It is just to bad MM would not respond to the question, why use this site to advertise a product if you won't respond to questions. There is not a safe, reliable, pull the cord on go kit out there. The guys who tell you that, know how to tune the kit and know all the little maintainance issues that you need to address weekly. The kits are a blast but there is alot of up keep. Any small 2stroke engine pumping out twice its rated hp is going to near some tlc, just as a big bore that pumps out lots of ponies would. I put 30+ days in the mountains on my turbo m7 last winter and although I would call it a pull the rope and go sled, it required alot of maintaince. things just seem to mysteriously come loose all the time? In my limited experience with kits all the ones that I have seen working good on the hill have been Boondocker kits and I do not have a preference myself, just like the boost. I ran into at least a dozen kits with aerocharger and as many or more of the bd kits. Seems the guys with bds had less to complain about. Not knocking the MM guys either, I have stopped in a few times and they are very helpfull and knowledgable, though a bit patriotic to there boosted cats LOL, keep hoping to run into one on the hill as they claim flawlessness!

I have a BD M8T coming,
what would you recomend to be looking at weekly, mostly things getting loose or are there some more must looks every 2-3 rides,
thanks in advance

WRK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a BD M8T coming,
what would you recomend to be looking at weekly, mostly things getting loose or are there some more must looks every 2-3 rides,
thanks in advance

exhaust donuts burn out a higher boost levels, then leak and cause tuning issues

extra oil lines, boost lines, coolant lines. seems no matter how tight I got my one oil line to the turbo every once in a while it would come off.

find a good place to mount your aux fuel pump, I used the the spot that bd recomended and it came loose and rubbed a hole through it, buddy of mine had the same issue 3 weeks later.

ceramic coat your pipe and exhaust accesaries will prolong there life. they tend to split after a 1000 miles or so, likly depends on boost as well. I split 2 y pipes and one was brand new, ceramic coated everything and have not had a issue yet.

if you cant put carbon fibre reed pedals in right away, check your stock ones about 500 miles after you put the kit on.

End of the season, likly expect to replace top end, may not need it but it is cheap insurance for the next season.

If you use injection oil in you turbo tank resevoir you will have to pull the line off the top and clean your bearing out every couple hundred miles or so, gums up a bit.

Can't think of anything else off the top of my head, but your gonna love the turbo!!!

Top Bottom