Lumby and Park Mountain

kentz

Reaction score
Hi all, I am looking for some info on the riding areas around Lumby. It looks like there are a couple areas like Park Mountain Range, the Pinnacles, Monashee Mountains, and Silver Star. I found a crude map on the Monashee tourism website but directions were limited.

Can anyone help me out with some directions to the parking lots for these areas? I tried emailing the Lumby Snowmobile Association but the email address listed on their website doesn't work.

Also, from searching around on this area I found some stuff on Tsuius mountain. Is it still a cat skiing only area until April1 or are there areas around this mountain that are open to us?

Thanks, Kent.

tnt-salvage

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
those area do have some good riding i my self plan on going out there to ride this season, year ago the family would rent cabins at keefer lake, we even had cristmas there twice. its been many years since i was there so im osrry im not the one to ask for directions.

Boobage

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Easiest way would be to take Mable Lake Rd. north from Lumby to Squaw Valley Rd. You will be driving along the east side of mable lake. The parking with trail pass thingy is just as you turn right off Mable Lake Rd. This is Park mountain farthe north will lead to Nelson moutnain.You should try facebook for contact info...Lumby/Mabel Lake snowmobile club.
It's a great area....shhh....dont tell anyone.

pm if u need more info

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
those area do have some good riding i my self plan on going out there to ride this season, year ago the family would rent cabins at keefer lake, we even had cristmas there twice. its been many years since i was there so im osrry im not the one to ask for directions.

u dont even remember where you took a trip last year,,,

kentz

Reaction score
Easiest way would be to take Mable Lake Rd. north from Lumby to Squaw Valley Rd. You will be driving along the east side of mable lake. The parking with trail pass thingy is just as you turn right off Mable Lake Rd. This is Park mountain farthe north will lead to Nelson moutnain.You should try facebook for contact info...Lumby/Mabel Lake snowmobile club.
It's a great area....shhh....dont tell anyone.

pm if u need more info

PM'd you.

Boobage

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Park Mountain Cabin Co-ords
50.462217, -118.600200

-please pay your trail fees. It's a small club and needs all the support it can get.
Thanks!!!

kentz

Reaction score
Thanks Boobage, if your free Dec 20 for a ride email me.

Kent

tnt-salvage

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
u dont even remember where you took a trip last year,,,

no no no, if i said i was there im sorry, i just recalled seeing this place on one of the forums. the only places i went last year was revy (glacier house) and grizzly lodge. this mystery place was only visted by the internet on my computer at the end of the year before last...

sorry for the confussion

Timber_Tramp

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont know what you see in this area.
Its as exciting as riding the greystokes.
no hills to play on and the grooming sucks.
definately not worth the drive imho.

fasta76

Reaction score
Just a heads up to those of you interested in our area.... We currently have active logging/hauling on our trails leading to the mountains. We would like everyone to know that Taylor and Smythe roads are closed Monday to Friday until Feb.28,2013. Please respect these closures as we've had numerous people ignoring the closures and had 3 near-mishaps with sleds/trucks and logging trucks. The roads are now being monitored and if you are caught on them you will be facing a fine. Access to these roads is only allowed on Saturdays and Sundays. Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

PowMower

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up to those of you interested in our area.... We currently have active logging/hauling on our trails leading to the mountains. We would like everyone to know that Taylor and Smythe roads are closed Monday to Friday until Feb.28,2013. Please respect these closures as we've had numerous people ignoring the closures and had 3 near-mishaps with sleds/trucks and logging trucks. The roads are now being monitored and if you are caught on them you will be facing a fine. Access to these roads is only allowed on Saturdays and Sundays. Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

It is very stupid for anyone to try and access these areas via logging roads without having the road channel programed into youre radio however it is illegal to block access on any public fsr in BC.

wildchild

Reaction score
It is very stupid for anyone to try and access these areas via logging roads without having the road channel programed into youre radio however it is illegal to block access on any public fsr in BC.

It was the BC forestry that closed the road during the week, its not illegal to close the road to the public when its a saftey issue.

skeeter800x

Reaction score
From Sugar lake rd access is easy, cannot remember access rd name but well used trail takes you into Nelson.

PowMower

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BC forest circus should close every maintained logging road in BC then? It's dangerous business traveling on haul roads...

tiberius71

Reaction score
From Sugar lake rd access is easy, cannot remember access rd name but well used trail takes you into Nelson.

I wouldn't recommend going anywhere near the Sugar lake side. Someone loves going out there and breaking into sledders trucks. Have had four buddies get there trucks broken into out there plus have heard of another group that had the same thing happen including having there ramps taken. Squaw Valley is the place to go during the week. It's groomed and you park right by the ranch so your truck is safe.

Top Bottom