Lower Mainland Sledding

Mighty Mouse

Reaction score
Just wondering when the sledding season usually starts/ends in areas in the lower Mainland. Using Vancouver as a start point, where's the best place? Travel times? Is there a site that shows grooming or snow accumulations? I've been looking at places like Whistler and the Coquihalla, but I'm sure there are other places that guys get into the backcountry. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks!

big_johnson454

Reaction score
Just wondering when the sledding season usually starts/ends in areas in the lower Mainland. Using Vancouver as a start point, where's the best place? Travel times? Is there a site that shows grooming or snow accumulations? I've been looking at places like Whistler and the Coquihalla, but I'm sure there are other places that guys get into the backcountry. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks!

Vancouver isn't the best place for sledding. After all the research I've found whistler is about the closest place, which is around 3 hours on average to get to. This is the reason I want to move to Calgary!

btcowboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Interested n hear as well. I just moved to Van Island, I got Mt Washington that I know of, and Pemberton and Whistelr on the mainland. SO if theres more hope to find out. I left my sled and trailer in Edmonton, as most of my sledding is in the eastern part of BC with my group. One day next season perhaps meet some island sledders or sledders from Van.

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Vancouver isn't the best place for sledding. After all the research I've found whistler is about the closest place, which is around 3 hours on average to get to. This is the reason I want to move to Calgary!

Yeah I hear ya .. there's nothing good around Vancouver and whistler is way too far. And there's nothing between vancouver and whistler either, which is a pain in the ass...

I hear calgary is pretty good .. but I'm gonna trade my summit for a phazer and move to manitoba .. so much more snow there !

farwest

Reaction score
yeah i hear ya .. There's nothing good around vancouver and whistler is way too far. And there's nothing between vancouver and whistler either, which is a pain in the ass...

I hear calgary is pretty good .. But i'm gonna trade my summit for a phazer and move to manitoba .. So much more snow there !

hahahahah>

PowderFix

Reaction score
Website
powderfix.com
There are places to go but you've gotta seek them out. The Chilliwack Valley has some riding, could try towards Lytton or there is always the Coq. The snow pack isn't the greatest right now and the snow line is fairly high for this time of year but looks like the snow is back :)

Top Bottom