Low elevation ECU reflash??

SIRsleeper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just had the 06 M7 out for it's first ride in onterrible and damn she was getting hot fast. Do I need a low elevation map on the ECU? My local dealer didn't know for sure as he hasn't run into this before (bringing a sled from out west back here). It was originally setup for 6000ish ft, clutched to be on nitrous so I was redlining at 8100 off nitrous here (600ft). I could start adding fuel on the boondocker but just wanna make sure it's not a simple reflash I need.

Haven't quite fixed the temp imbalance yet either, it's off at idle but it evens right out once you're riding it, let it idle a minute and it starts going out... So still need to fix that yet but cutting back the plug wires seemed to help (one was questionably loose). it was off even on throttle before, maybe that plug isn't the best now? Tried the ether trick to the crank seal on the pto side since that's my hotter one to check for a leak and nothing changed when trying to spray it. Any help is appreciated, not too many guys in my area that have cats as modded as mine.

Sent from my iPhone using

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What compression ratio? By set up for 6000 + what all do you have done, what fuel you burning at your current elevation?

SIRsleeper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's setup for 91 octane. 900 big bore with a boondocker box, pod air filters, vforce reeds, jaws twins, digitron egt gauge. It's setup for nitrous at elevation currently but I'm not using it and will be taking that off soon, my clutching is fairly close because of that... I wound up bringing it to the local cat guru tonight to get it dialed in.

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
91 octane at what elevation? If for 6000 and above your comp ration is too high for 600. Also the Jaws twins are high altitude only. You'll burn down at low elevation.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just had the 06 M7 out for it's first ride in onterrible and damn she was getting hot fast. Do I need a low elevation map on the ECU? My local dealer didn't know for sure as he hasn't run into this before (bringing a sled from out west back here). It was originally setup for 6000ish ft, clutched to be on nitrous so I was redlining at 8100 off nitrous here (600ft). I could start adding fuel on the boondocker but just wanna make sure it's not a simple reflash I need.

Haven't quite fixed the temp imbalance yet either, it's off at idle but it evens right out once you're riding it, let it idle a minute and it starts going out... So still need to fix that yet but cutting back the plug wires seemed to help (one was questionably loose). it was off even on throttle before, maybe that plug isn't the best now? Tried the ether trick to the crank seal on the pto side since that's my hotter one to check for a leak and nothing changed when trying to spray it. Any help is appreciated, not too many guys in my area that have cats as modded as mine.

try setting your boondocker numbers and your clutching for 2192 feet elevation. That's Edmonton elevation, not 600 ft.

SIRsleeper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't live in Edmonton anymore.... So yes I'm now at 600ft

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Jaws twins at that elevation will burn you down. HA only. You're going to have to change the pipes out.

SIRsleeper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will start shopping. My mechanic did mention they're usually tuned for HA. Any recommendations? It's an Engine tech 900.

SIRsleeper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With that said anyone wanna buy/trade jaws twins??? I just had em powder coated this year and have run a tank of fuel through em since

Top Bottom