Low boost MCX kits

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a preseason deal on them for $4200+gst. So going to keep it on till Monday. These kits have the quick spooling Mitsu turbo and fuel control with altitude compensation etc that you don't have to mess with. 91 Octane, gas and go. :d

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is it true they don't have an intercooler SLY? I heard rumor of a low boost kit coming out. What kind of numbers are they quoting as far as boost and HP?

RN

Hey SLY, when is Yammyfest this year? anyone know yet?:d

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haven't got them yet as they are in transit. My understanding is the intercooler is just the one in the tunnel, no headshim. They say 180hp but all their stuff seems to be able to be ran a little higher at elevation, so probably 180-200, others quote higher #'s but 7psi is 7psi. There are arguments for different fuel mapping, timing etc. but they are fine tuning in my opinion. Basically an engine is an air pump, the more you put through with the right amount of fuel the more power it makes. As far as the coolers, one in the tunnel will probably be more than enough at low boost and I suspect will work better than an air to air under the hood, they could just as easily have put it in front. MCX runs 2 intercoolers on their bigger kits, one in the tunnel and one under the hood, the one under the hood barely gets warm and on the Apex usually sits with snow on it that barely melts. If you do several hard pulls at 17lbs then the front intercooler starts to get warm, it doesn't see a lot of airflow, especially when it's deep. It sounds like a nice kit, looking forward to some reviews once we get snow.

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yamaha had one at the show. and There is DEFF not an intercooler on this unit. and everything under the tunnel looks the same.

should be intresting to see

tool_man

Reaction score
Anyone picked one up yet? Any dealers with stock now?

Raz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yamaha had one at the show. and There is DEFF not an intercooler on this unit. and everything under the tunnel looks the same.

should be intresting to see

You might be referring to the Yamcharger from G-Force?? Here's the link..

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol nope im not at all.. ive seen that low boost kit installed and no intercooler at all on the unit.. just an intake tube to the throttle body.

Raz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol nope im not at all.. ive seen that low boost kit installed and no intercooler at all on the unit.. just an intake tube to the throttle body.

What's so funny? Do you have any links to this low boost kit?

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ill see if i can get you some pics of what iam talking about. Its got the precharger and stuff. Just not the big intercooler,, has the fuel rail and injecters for the turbo. But its just a box thats attatched to the throttle bodys

Sledit

Reaction score
Hey Guys new to snow and mud but here is a few pics from the 180MCX I just installed. Fit together great but will be more that a month till I get to ride it. Having some wrist surgery next week so just get to look at it. Also put on 2.5x162 camo and OFT 2 wheel ext. Pumped

Attachments

• mcx180 014.jpg
    mcx180 014.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 120
  • mcx180 007.jpg
    mcx180 007.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 106
  • mcx180 015.jpg
    mcx180 015.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 111

Sledit

Reaction score
Back together! See how it runs in January

Attachments

• mcx180 023.jpg
    mcx180 023.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 122
  • mcx180 024.jpg
    mcx180 024.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 102

Sledit

Reaction score
Out the door still no chance to ride.

Attachments

• nytro mod 005.jpg
    nytro mod 005.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 121
  • nytro mod 003.jpg
    nytro mod 003.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 108

SNAFU

Reaction score
Does the kit come with a new header or do you modify the stock one?

Top Bottom