Low boost entry level kit?

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Being a flat lander a race gas high psi kit is out of the question unless i stumble upon more money than i know what to do with and have a great flat land sled and a mountain only sled. A low boost that i can run at 1000-1500 feet and get less stuck in the mountain. Also race gas sucks with us guys that run 5-6 sleds in one trailer, now we also have to fit a barrel of fuel for each sled now too? There is money in sask and lots of guys only make it out 1-3 times out of the year, generally the same guys that ride in the mountains field/ ditch ride and ride little to no groomed trails so we can get away with riding mountains sleds in the flats.

Even when i was oh 14-15 with my 2000 xc 700 i raised the bars up and took out my transfer blocks in the rear for standup riding in the fields, then i long tracked my edge for more flotation as well. People were like why did you do that? and your bars are to high or your sled dosent steer......... and i just laughed that you stand up and lean and turn the other way but no one out here had a clue back then.

• Thanks
Reactions: NM

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This sounds like an amazing idea Neil. I'm looking forward to see what happens with this!

• Thanks

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well congrats for finding a good niche market, and all those years of playing with turbos in Revy have come to fruitation!! Going to have to start practising for your one minute academic test for a turbo.

• Love

WesG

Reaction score
I would have taken one this year if available. Definately down the road I would be interested.

Wes

dirtball08

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been thinking about a turbo for the poo 800 pro but if your low boost, low cost kit is 5 grand, what's the cost of your 14lb turbo kit? I understand how the turbo kit works, been a licensed heavy duty mechanic for 18 yrs, so I don't want to be rude. I just thought the low cost turbo kit would be a little cheaper.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I heard the turbo is 15/1800 for a sled and alot cheaper for a truck, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
Been thinking about a turbo for the poo 800 pro but if your low boost, low cost kit is 5 grand, what's the cost of your 14lb turbo kit? I understand how the turbo kit works, been a licensed heavy duty mechanic for 18 yrs, so I don't want to be rude. I just thought the low cost turbo kit would be a little cheaper.
That is a great question.
We actually don't promote the kit we sell now as a high output, stage 3, high boost, or any other name for a kit that is sold as high end. The focus of our product is to build it so you don't need to run high boost. I don't believe that any other Pro turbo kit will out perform our current water to air kit no matter how much boost they run and we never need to go over 10 lbs.
I know people vision a turbo kit as a turbo and a bit of piping. Even in the world of Heavy equipment, a turbo system looks pretty simple. Even our base turbo kit would consist of:

-Turbo (garrett ball bearing)
- Exhaust pipe pre turbo and aft
- Fuel controller (XIC)
- Tmap interceptor
- Fuel pressure regulator
- Complete fuel line replacement (2 lines)
-Intake and charge tubing
-Filter
- Air box
- Injectors
- Wideband gauge
- boost gauge
- handlebar bracket
- Boost controller
- Blow off valve
- Footwell screen
- Silicone heater hoses
- Heat protection shielding
- oil tank
- oil pump and lines

I am sure that I am missing something but you get the idea. Plus our fuel management system is much more complex than a small dobeck fuel box.

There are other kits out there that are cheaper, but if they worked, then we wouldn't be selling so many upgrades for them. Don't be mislead by cheap offshore turbo's either. there is a big difference between a genuine garrett and a cheap plain bearing turbo.

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Try to find a bad thing said about one of NM's turbo kits or controller, I havent seen anybody bash or say anything bad about it. He's a stand up guy and doesnt want to sell junk so thats why his kits is going to cost you a bit more Because it has everything you need. No need to piece anything else together. Alot of other kits are going to be 100 here and 100 there and they add up pretty fast. So 5000 is pretty cheap when you know its install and ride.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Plus they have a nice shop now, lol I have seen the extra mile they have done for a buddy of mine in revi parking lot well after hrs and got it working right, I don't even run a turbo. but when I am ready/ hoping nexted winter it will be his............Good luck and keep us posted on the cheap version of the big version, lol

Timber_Tramp

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
at the lower boost numbers of a kit like this , what would we need to run for fuel?

would a cold air intake like bd uses help keep charge temps down?

nytro mtx

Reaction score
Plus they have a nice shop now, lol I have seen the extra mile they have done for a buddy of mine in revi parking lot well after hrs and got it working right, I don't even run a turbo. but when I am ready/ hoping nexted winter it will be his............Good luck and keep us posted on the cheap version of the big version, lol
Yep , Neil and his guys pretty much stripped that thing and rebuilt it in the trailer that night lol
Can't ever say enough good things about those guys.
Im on a poo now and if you build it Im in.

And Mach 123, it will work good for you that this will come out next season, you should be just geting your xm by then. lol

08154XP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would love to know as well if this could be done on pump gas and what kind of horsepower numbers would you be expecting with a low boost system because I would be all over something I dont need to tune or tinker with. Just want pull and go and fill up at a local gas station and do it again.

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
at the lower boost numbers of a kit like this , what would we need to run for fuel?

would a cold air intake like bd uses help keep charge temps down?
We will be testing one this season and i would expect that pump fuel will be fine at extended periods of wide open once over 5000 ft. Time will tell though.

Cold air is always better so a form of cold air intake is a must.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep , Neil and his guys pretty much stripped that thing and rebuilt it in the trailer that night lol
Can't ever say enough good things about those guys.
Im on a poo now and if you build it Im in.

And Mach 123, it will work good for you that this will come out next season, you should be just geting your xm by then. lol

SMART ASS lol

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
COUNT ME IN
Warranty on pro is off next year. My biggest concern is the fuel part as well. I hate having to carry a 45Gallon drum for turbo guys.
If this thing would make a honest 160-180 on pump or if i had to add a bit of torco additive to help out the pump gas would be deadly.

keep us updated

Top Bottom