Lost Keys @ Etheringtron / $100 reward

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I had the family out at Etherington today and lost a set of keys. I think they are either in the warm-up shack in the first clearing from the parking lot somewhere between the shack out and the parking lot. I'm betting they are in the shack.

My wife started my truck up with her keys so I didn't realize my keys weren't in the truck till we got home.

I'd go look tomorrow but I'm headed to Fernie for an Avy course.

There's two black key fobs on it plus a two way alarm key fob.

Thanks for having a look,

Shawn.

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
I'll have a look in the AM Shawn and will post a message when I get back. I'm a locksmith by trade and know what it's like when someone loses their keys. If I find them you can buy me a beer sometime. I'll let you know.

Smithys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey , Shawn....going to Etherington staging area tomorrow. Will stop by the warm up shelter and look for your keys as well. Hopefully someone finds them for you.

heikki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I had the family out at Etherington today and lost a set of keys. I think they are either in the warm-up shack in the first clearing from the parking lot somewhere between the shack out and the parking lot. I'm betting they are in the shack.

My wife started my truck up with her keys so I didn't realize my keys weren't in the truck till we got home.

I'd go look tomorrow but I'm headed to Fernie for an Avy course.

There's two black key fobs on it plus a two way alarm key fob.

Thanks for having a look,

Shawn.

You know I got back late to etherington it was dark .....I staged right in front of you.....

I didnt see anything on the ground.....is it possible that they fell out when you were tying the rope and towing the little sled.....???

if so that puts them right at the double railing entrance walkway to the trail system......have a look there guys

also your truck was parked straight in center of parking area almost lined up with the railing area....look there too....

I hate losing keys....those remotes cost a fortune and need to be programmed to boot...

hope you find them.......

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
Shawn,

Took a look around the lot first thing this morning and also checked the warm up shack to no avail. Might want to phone the parks dept in case any of the rangers found them earlier and put them in lost and found. Here's the only number I can think of trying. If not they can point you in the right direction.

Peter Lougheed Provincial Park Visitor Centre (403) 591-6322. The centre is open daily from 9:30 am to 4:00 pm, but closed Monday, January 11th. Hope that helps or you find them in your gear somewhere?

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bit of a fiasco but I found the keys! A neighbor thought I had found where he put the keys 'cause he saw my truck running. I didn;t even know he had picked them up! I was a little panicked there as I figured there was $500-800 worth of key fobs on the ring.

Thanks all for looking for me and beers on me if you see me out there or at a snow and mud event!

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You know I got back late to etherington it was dark .....I staged right in front of you.....

I didnt see anything on the ground.....is it possible that they fell out when you were tying the rope and towing the little sled.....???

if so that puts them right at the double railing entrance walkway to the trail system......have a look there guys

also your truck was parked straight in center of parking area almost lined up with the railing area....look there too....

I hate losing keys....those remotes cost a fortune and need to be programmed to boot...

hope you find them.......

Yes, I saw you out there. What were you riding? I have not seen that Cat model before - looked wild! Entertaining all those kids wore me out!

heikki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, I saw you out there. What were you riding? I have not seen that Cat model before - looked wild! Entertaining all those kids wore me out!

Glad the key caper had a happy ending!!!.....and kids sure do have a knack for keeping Dads on there toes thats for sure....:)

I was riding a '10 Cat SP 500 sno crosser....lol..light and fun for sure....

Troy

Top Bottom